Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

HELP: Online web/program localization

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:45 am

Hello everybody,

we have finished localization module. It means, now it is possible make translation online for www.opensubtitles.org - but also for programs as SubDownloader (nothing to translate yet for programs, but soon will be!). Only some users have permission to do this - if you dont see your own language, just contact me, and I will make permission to you!

Making new translations
If you would like to see opensubtitles.org or SubDownloader available in your language (if it is not yet supported), you can create a translation. We will add your credits to http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/changelog so you can show to your friends how you helped :)

SubDownloader translation
Good news is - online translating module supports translating for subdownloader too. You will just translate missing strings, and everything will work like charm (hopefully). Good to know is, we want to save some CPU, so we use cache, which is re-generated once a day.

We are interested in these translations:
  • Japanese
    Chinese (simplified)
    Chinese (traditional)
    Croatian
    Danish
    Korean

Also we lost contact for translators for these languages - contact us if you want to continue:
  • Polish
    Romanian

Ok, here are some screenshots:
Main menu - localization stats

Localization - You just write translated strings You can search for all untranslated strings, same strings and so on...
Last edited by oss on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nb000

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:02 am

if you dont see your own language, just contact me, and I will make permission to you
Contanct info please.
And I would like to translate subdownloader, as it gets ready...
[b]nb000[/b]

oss
Site Admin

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:50 am

my mail is admin at opensubtitles dot org
also, subdownloader translation - you will see that in same module, but please wait...

Return to “General talk”