Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Scherzo

No idea how the subtitles work?

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:42 am

Sorry, but do we need a programm to run the subtitles when we look a movie. I'm not able to make them worked on my movies. Any help would be appreciate. I haven't seen anything related in the FAQ section. :?

Thanks in advance!

Holubar

Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:58 am

Try one of the following players to watch your movies:
BS Player
MV2 Player

There are more, but these two are realy good enough, I tried them both, working just fine.
When you want to use Windows Media Player, you should install VobSub codec, ( you could try this codecpack allinone), but you have to rename the subtitle file the same name as the video file (except the extension :) )
When the links above arent working, try google :wink:
good luck

Scherzo

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks, it works fine! :)

Happy New Year!

CapnDred

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:21 pm

I downloaded the Media Player Codecs and renamed my sub files the same as my movie files. Can any one tell me what I need to do now please? I'm really new at this and I just don't know what to do.
Thanks

zeebaah

Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:37 pm

all you should have to do, is to make the .sub or .srt file have the same name as the movie that should work just fine. and then play the movie
i use windows media player, and there it works great.

or else there is a program from the company cccp projects, they got a program that have allmost all codecs, that are out today, and im not sure but i think that they got something in that program, that adds the subtitles to the movie, if you just have them at same folder, with same name...
you can get it here

CapnDred

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:04 pm

I figured it out ta. I just need to have my subs in the same folder as the film. Thanks!

ghostshelf

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:05 pm

Any anyone tell me how can i make sub with .txt extension work? i've never use sub in txt format, but it got some numbers before script thou. :(

Holubar

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:56 am

Any anyone tell me how can i make sub with .txt extension work? ...
Just like all the others, I think. You can also convert them using Subtitle Workshop

Return to “General talk”