Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
dbaalborg

About XML-received URL's

Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi,

For the program I'm currently developing, I get URLs from the XML version on OS pages. I have a particular question:

Concerning a subtitle's IMDB URL (of the type "http://www.opensubtitles.org/redirect/h ... tt0410975/"), should we use this complete URL (with the redirect part) or simply the "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410975/" normal IMDB URL? I think that by using the redirect URL, OS will get more traffic, which might diminish the overall user experience...

So, should I use the redirect or the direct URL from my program?

++
dbaalborg

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:17 pm

you can use anything you want :) /redirect/ part: I code that for my internal statistics how much users will click on imdb per day, so I am counting that in 1 table...use anything you want :)
Also, if in XML exists IMDBID (only), this is best for you...

dbaalborg

Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:27 am

Actually, it's like you prefer... If you want the clicks from osTools (the short name of my program) to be counted in your stats, I leave the redirect link... If you prefer to have only the actual redirect from the website, I'll do a direct link...
It's up to you!

++
dbaalborg

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:45 pm

I really dont care :) But I think, better is direct link to imdb from your program.

Return to “Developing”