Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Tharbad

Error in the hebrew translation

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 pm

Who is responsible for the hebrew version of the site?

Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:46 pm

Currently 2 guys, one native speaker, and one novice. Do you think you can make hebrew translation better ? Just introduce yourself...

Tharbad

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:04 pm

I think I can try. Who are this 2 guys?

Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:27 pm

they will contact you, if they will read this :)

ok, tell me your username on opensubtitles.org because I didnt found "tharbad" as username.

I will give you some permissions to edit hebrew and so on...

Tharbad

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:15 pm

Now there's one user named "Tharbad". Do I need to know something so I can edit?

Thanks.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 am

no...just login, click on translations and you will get the idea :)

thanks, you are also now gold user too.

Tharbad

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:05 am

Thank you. I changed some info there.

Few things:
* If I use ' char, it'll create a problem in the code? Should I use an escape char instead?
* I could use a "back" link in the translation page.
* Translation would be easier I could see the context (link to the page that is translated).

Thanks for your help

oss
Site Admin

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:54 pm

1. ' - no problem (try it)
2. what do you mean with back
3. yes, this should be nice, but it is always problem - but we use some groups and msgid - if you hold mouse, you will see IDMsg code like:
search_subtitles - it means on search pages is somewhere subtitles.

I had idea to make translation framework, where you will edit strings directly on webpage using AJAX technique, but I should spend too much time on this.

Also, I have possibility to write comments in english translation for some strings, so it is enough to tell me what needs to be explained...

Tharbad

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:56 pm

2) Almost at the buttom of the page there is "Next" button, a "Back" button near it would help.
3) Maybe "Table of contents" (Main Page, Search Page...)?
The IDs are shown only in Opera (haven't checked MSIE). I think you're encountering the biggest problem of every site (although some don't care): How do I make sure my site is seen in every browser... Good Luck :!:

Adding:
This site is older than I thought then I guess you already started doing the above (compatibility)...

oss
Site Admin

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:27 pm

ok I will thin kabout those features, it should be not a big deal, thanks for ideas ;)

Return to “Developing”