Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
th3w4tch3r

FPS information

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:30 pm

Hi..

I noticed that dont have FPS info in the subtitles.
Sometimes (old releases) this kind of info is very important to find the correct subtitle.

:roll:

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 pm

I agree with you. FPS information is taken from SubDownloader, so if you have old subtitles, just use SubDownloader, upload those subtitles (tahey can exists, that doesnt matter) and FPS info will be available :)

Worst

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:26 pm

You can always convert subtitles to another fps (your movie fps) and for the best then to *srt

th3w4tch3r

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:41 am

I agree with you. FPS information is taken from SubDownloader, so if you have old subtitles, just use SubDownloader, upload those subtitles (tahey can exists, that doesnt matter) and FPS info will be available :)
i dont have old subtitles, i have old movie releases without group or any futher information.

Example: [Dvdrip] - 1997 - Movie name.avi

Here in OS there is 8 subtitles for this movie, but the movie is old so the subtitles wasnt uploaded with SubDownloader, even using SubDownloader to search for subs wont find nothing.

but its ok, forget about it... :roll:

oss
Site Admin

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:18 am

ok, thats normal. last thing you can do is download all subtitles, and check, which subtitles are good. if you found, upload those subtitles with subdownloader (even they exists, thats ok!), so FPS will be added (with hash, moviesize and so on) - so others (and maybe even you!) will find those subtitles, when they will use subdownloader...

AntiJw

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Yeah, I agree with you totally th3w4tch3r. That's the reason why I mostly download subtitles from other sub-sites (that provide that information)..

oss
Site Admin

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:11 pm

it is not possible to get FPS only just from subtitles. If more people will use subdownloader/oscar - more FPSes we will have. That means you should upload also old subtitles, that info will be updated.

eduo

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:20 am

It's too bad FPS information should be even relevant in subtitles. Had a standard format been decided years ago we'd have a much simpler time nowadays.

Anyway, I wanted to stress the importante of uploading the subtitles you finally find with SubDownloader (or Oscar). It's important because others will be able to find them afterwards.

I have been doing just this for some time now, but the wretched timeout in SubDownloader means I always upload as "anonymous".

-Get movie
-Search subtitle with SubDownloader
-If no subtitle is present search in opensubtitles.org
-Download the ones that looks the closest to what you have.
-Test the subtitles until one fits or
-Modify one of the subtitles to fit (resync)
-Re-upload the subtitle so others can benefit.

Return to “Developing”