Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
miosgit

Maximum downloads reached from my IP although I didn't download anything

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:25 am

Hello,

In my application, I search for subtitles for all languages for a specific movie, and opensubtitles returns 500 subtitles. However, only tapping on one of them would actually download it.

Although I didn't download anything, it tells me I reached the maximum number of downloads.

Notice that if I inspect the response, it tells me I have downloaded 192962 subtitles:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><methodResponse><params><param><value><struct><member><name>token</name><value><string>JBaKlfBSKPaB5-Co5msTWFfdwHb</string></value></member><member><name>status</name><value><string>200 OK</string></value></member><member><name>data</name><value><struct><member><name>IDUser</name><value><string>7148358</string></value></member><member><name>UserNickName</name><value><string>matteogobbi</string></value></member><member><name>UserRank</name><value><string>app developer</string></value></member><member><name>UploadCnt</name><value><string>0</string></value></member><member>[b]<name>DownloadCnt</name><value><string>192962</string>[/b]</value></member><member><name>UserWebLanguage</name><value><string>en</string></value></member><member><name>IsVIP</name><value><int>0</int></value></member></struct></value></member><member><name>seconds</name><value><double>0.005</double></value></member></struct></value></param></params></methodResponse>
I use this API for my application, so my users would ping this API, but each of them will do it from a different IP, max a few per day.

Can you help to understand how this works?

Thank you in advance.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Maximum downloads reached from my IP although I didn't download anything

Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:59 pm

first of all, this xml-rpc api is end of life, so we not recommend to use it and specially implement it. Check new API:
https://www.opensubtitles.com/docs/api/html/index.htm

next, which user agent you are using? And also I guess you are using always your userid to download subtitles?
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-7148358

anyway:

- each of user should use his username and password to login, if you want to avoid this, contact us for pricing

Return to “Developing”