Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Hauslabuland

Problem scraping opensubtitles.org

Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:18 am

Hi, I'm writing a scraper for opensubtitles.org. I've used requests to retrieve xml versions of pages, retrieve download link and download subtitles. I had some polishing to do, but meanwhile they've changed something and now I can't just request download link and get a zip file.

For example when I have a subpage for a subtitle like this:

[URL removed by SmallBrother]

It seems like I can only use the download link in the same browser and only shortly after requesting the subtitle subpage.

It also seems like the downloading is a side effect of clicking the download link. If I try to get the subtitles with requests I just get some other page with ads.

I have no idea how to download subtitles in a script and I'm hoping for some advice from you guys.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by SmallBrother on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spam URL removed

oss
Site Admin

Re: Problem scraping opensubtitles.org

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

hi,

scraping is not permitted.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Problem scraping opensubtitles.org

Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:47 pm

scraping is not permitted.
Nor is crafty spamming.
Bye-bye.
Last edited by SmallBrother on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “Developing”