Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
droid-53

404 Error when trying to download

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Hello All,

I am using the OpenSubs API for python to download X amount of subtitles for all of the movies I have (around 600). Yesterday, I was able to successfully automate the download process, however halfway through the list (position ~300/600), I got 404 Errors. I was unsure why I was getting this issue, so I stopped the program and tried again.

This time, however, on the first movie to download, I also received the 404 error, an error that did not previously show up. I took the download link and tried it in chrome to see if anything would change and to my surprise, the subtitles downloaded.

I do have my own User-Agent, and I am familiar with the response that is returned for too many attempted requests, but this wasn't it.

Flash forward to today, I tried it again, I am still getting the same issues. When accessing the open subs URL for the subtitles, I was greeted with the following:

"Hacking Attempt: Your IP is logged'

Obviously, I am not trying to hack the site. The requests are going through and being counted, however, I am not getting the downloads. I would like to know why I am getting this 404 issue and how I can "unban" my IP plz lol

Thanks!

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: 404 Error when trying to download

Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Hello All,

I am using the OpenSubs API for python to download X amount of subtitles for all of the movies I have (around 600). Yesterday, I was able to successfully automate the download process, however halfway through the list (position ~300/600),
Hello,

Therein lies the problem. Unless you're a VIP, the daily download limit is 200. If sharing an IP address, ie, VPN, then that number is shared with all those that use the same address and download subtitles.

"hacking attemp" usually appears when trying to access a certain part of the site when not logged-in. Nothing really to worry about. Maybe a cloudflare check next time the same IP is used.

Kind regards

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:17 am

Well, you should check the body of response, when you got 404. Usually there lies information what you need...

Yassa1

Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:46 pm

:oops:

Wherein lies the problem?
Attachments
Capture (404 Not Found).PNG
Capture (404 Not Found).PNG (171.64 KiB) Viewed 2309 times

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:16 am