Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
vankasteelj

Re: [OS] Brand new REST API for testing

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi, I'm having troubles with the new api.

I'm getting back a 503 Backend fetch failed on every "/download" post-request I make. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just the API having troubles tonight.

Here's the complete request and response:

I'm developing a nodejs wrapper (opensubtitles-api) compatible with the new api, it's a WIP available at https://github.com/vankasteelj/opensubt ... /tree/REST

I also have a question: why force form-data when json is much more friendly? Json is working for /login though, but not for /download. It doens't accept another Content-Type than form-data. It does seem to accept a "json body" though, even if it also gets me to 503. Maybe I'm just not getting form-data...

os_dev

Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm

I also have a question: why force form-data when json is much more friendly? Json is working for /login though, but not for /download. It doens't accept another Content-Type than form-data. It does seem to accept a "json body" though, even if it also gets me to 503. Maybe I'm just not getting form-data...
So, for the 503.... seems everything is working now...was it temporary for you, or could you get the download to work at some point ?

For the forced formats... I didn't force anything, if you are referring to the docs I just don't know how to display it better in the stoplight.io.... but on the api side, there's no difference in how I get the parameters sent, and no check on the content type, so if a way to post on login works, it should work on the download too..

In ruby I either set the parameters one by one, or send a json body, I don't specify any content type, so I never really asked myself the question

vankasteelj

Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:11 pm

Still not working, no.

If I don't set the header to Content-Type : multipart/form-data, it sends back 406. But it does error with 503 Backend fetch fail either with a real form-data POST request or a json-body POST request.

os_dev

Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:58 pm

Still not working, no.

If I don't set the header to Content-Type : multipart/form-data, it sends back 406. But it does error with 503 Backend fetch fail either with a real form-data POST request or a json-body POST request.
Can you get the API to work with a testing tool, like postman or insomnia ?

vankasteelj

Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Can you get the API to work with a testing tool, like postman or insomnia ?
Postman was successfull. Testing with various settings made me realize: the 'Content-Type:multipart/form-data' header isn't necessary, but the 'Accept:*/*' is mandatory. Otherwise it sends back an error 406 with 'Content-Type:application/json' or an error 503 with 'Content-Type:multipart/form-data'.

This should be fixable on your end or stipulated in the docs :)

os_dev

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:15 pm

but the 'Accept:*/*' is mandatory.
This should be fixable on your end or stipulated in the docs :)
Oh I'd be glad to, but I don't understand what you are saying I'm afraid....I don't know how to reproduce the problem you experience.

vankasteelj

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:20 pm

/duplicate/
Last edited by vankasteelj on Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vankasteelj

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:21 pm

Oh I'd be glad to, but I don't understand what you are saying I'm afraid....I don't know how to reproduce the problem you experience.
You must set manually a header 'Accept' to '*/*' otherwise the server doesn't respond something else than an error. Like this:

That header is set automatically by Postman, but not by nodejs modules like Request or Got, so I'm guessing it isnt standard. So the query must actually look like this:

os_dev

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:51 pm

as much as I can test now it works with both "*/*" and "application/json" ... but will put a note in the docs to experiment with both in case of problem...

Thanks for pointing it out !

note that the user-agent is not used by the api

xochilpili

Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Hello everyone,

Im not being able to register a consumer, always returns Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Is this really working?

oss
Site Admin

Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:56 am

it is working now, it was down for a while, xochilpili

amiraL42

Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am

Hi. I'm trying to get an api key to make some tests.
Got a 503 registering on opensubtitles.com and resend confirmation email is also failing.
(https://www.opensubtitles.com/fr/users/confirmation/new)
Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
Guru Meditation:

XID: ...

Varnish cache server

os_dev

Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 am

Hi. I'm trying to get an api key to make some tests.
Got a 503 registering on opensubtitles.com and resend confirmation email is also failing.
(https://www.opensubtitles.com/fr/users/confirmation/new)
Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Backend fetch failed
Guru Meditation:

XID: ...

Varnish cache server
oh, this time can't find anything wrong, must have been a temporary issue... could you try again and let me know ?

amiraL42

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Still can't register.
I did also try import my opensubtitles.org account but got the same error. :(
I tested different navigators, email, ip, but nothing worked for me.
I still want to give this a try.

os_dev

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:27 pm

So... it's just a bad period, really wish we could give you more reliability, but we're still unable to track down what's going on with the gateway, resulting in timeouts (on opensubtitles.com it makes 503 errors, on the api it's just not responding)

sorry about that, working on it....

Return to “Developing”