Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: [OS] Brand new REST API for testing

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:37 pm

should be fixed, please check.

MBR-0001

Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:25 pm

I checked it out, the requests with escaped characters are not failing anymore and the client has no issue following the %20 -> + redirect

oss
Site Admin

Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:12 am

perfect, thank you for clarification.

MBR-0001

Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:11 pm

2 more bugs I found:

os_dev

Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 am

2 more bugs I found:
oh, sorry forgot to reply, the pagination bug was fixed straight away
second bug is not a bug but a feature, once a specific query has been performed, the results are cached a few hours, a cache without validation on the API key, so the behavior is normal

nsgr

Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:00 pm

The Endpoint /v1/features replies with

Code: Select all

{ "data": [ { "id": "xxx", "type": "feature", "attributes": {....} }, { "id": "xxx", "type": "feature", ...
The "type" field is always "feature". I know "attributes" contains the field "feature_type" with the real type but this is inconsistent with the models.
It would be easier to parse if the type would be equal to the real type (Movie,TvShow or Episode).

os_dev

Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:34 am

The Endpoint /v1/features replies with

{ "data": [ { "id": "xxx", "type": "feature", "attributes": {....} }, { "id": "xxx", "type": "feature", ...
The "type" field is always "feature". I know "attributes" contains the field "feature_type" with the real type but this is inconsistent with the models.
It would be easier to parse if the type would be equal to the real type (Movie,TvShow or Episode).
sorry about that, the feature_type was precisely designed for this purpose, we use a dynamic serializer who can return all kind of features (movie,episode.tvshow) so type can't be set.

I know it's annoying, trust me I tried.

antonic901

Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi. I'm making script for XBMC4Xbox for easier finding and downloading subtitles. And now I have problem which hunts me for almost 2 days. Here is the code from Node.js:

Problem is that I always getting 403 response and I dont know why. API KEY is good because from PostMan with that API KEY everything is working.
Last edited by antonic901 on Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:55 am

hi, we are not node.js developers, soI am afraid we can not help. If it works via postman or curl, then it is working from our side :) Try to minimize the headers you are sending.

antonic901

Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:08 pm

Thanks for your reply. It turns out that GET request takes headers as second argument, while POST request takes it as third argument. Now it's working. I have one more question regarding to TLS/SSL. I think that there is no help, but I hope you dont mind if I ask :D

On Original Xbox I have Python 2.7.11 with OpenSSL v0.98 which unfortunately does not support newer versions of TLS. When I send HTTP request I get this error:

ssl.SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:645)
Is there a way for me to bypass this? I can make script for XBMC4Xbox based on old API but in some future that API will be deprecated and probably offline. Currently I fixed problem as my PC is in the middle between Xbox and OpenSubtitles REST API. This is not problem because Node.js is must have because of FFMpeg conversion, but I wanted to make fully working separate Subtitles script for XBMC4Xbox.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:25 am

understood. for sure you know https://www.packetlabs.net/posts/tls-1- ... er-secure/ but we are not banking institute, so I downgraded minimum TLS from 1.2 to 1.0 - so it can work also on older unable-to-upgrade devices. Let us know.

antonic901

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:25 am

Thanks. Now it's working. I also noticed one strange behavior. When I pass tmdb_id, season and episode (i.e. 71912, 2, 3) I get empty data. It's The Witcher tv show, and I only noticed this on this tv show, other shows works fine. Same thing happens if I pass imdb_id. However, if I pass query=The Witcher s02e03 I get results.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:09 am

we are reindexing db, it might be reason. can you send example of imdb_id not working ?

os_dev

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:03 am

seems it's more an issue with synchronisation at the moment, the series is not on opensubtitles.com, so it won't come out in the API.

too many bugs at the moment, and just got my MacBook back from repair. might take a few days/weeks until errors get fixed

Return to “Developing”