Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
maarten28

Captcha after downloading too much does not work

Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Apparently I downloaded too much subtitles (14 archives?) and then you get a captcha "I am not a robot". After that, all download links go to a page that does not work. I get a link like https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/captch ... id-7422682 and Firefox and Palemoon give errors like
The page isn’t redirecting properly

Pale Moon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
Firefox 71.0 and Palemoon 28.7.2 on windows 7.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Captcha after downloading too much does not work

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:18 pm

works here without any problems

Dredwick

Sat May 21, 2022 10:35 pm

I have duplicated this error, so it definitely exists.

I have registered with the website and I am logged in. I search for a movie. I find the movie and click on it, and then have to complete a "I am not a robot" captcha and choose all the photos that match with a boat or stairs or whatever. Then I see the page with all of the subtitles for the movie. I then click the number under the download column (such as 467x, 215x, etc etc) and a "This Page Isn't Working" page loads. I can see that the web address in my browser includes the word captcha, so I feel 99% sure that this has something to do with captcha. Here is an example of the web address after clicking download and receiving the error page:

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/captcha ... %7C4650157

All other websites work. There are no problems with captcha on other websites in my browser. I am using Google Chrome. I am not using a VPN. My firewall settings are normal. Everything worked completely fine with opensubtitles until about 1-2 weeks ago, after which I can no longer download subtitles.

Can anyone help? Because the website is unusable for me, and I rather enjoy using this website.

Please and Thank you.

oss
Site Admin

Sun May 22, 2022 7:45 am

hi

it seems your IP is somehow flagged, please send me your IP via PM.
Also I tested url http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/captcha ... %7C4650157 using not logged in user, and it works for me. Also, you should get CAPTCHA just one time, are you all the time logged in ?

Return to “Developing”