Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
marlonrock1986

Deleting vs deactivating subtitles

Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:31 am

It's bizarre the fact that you can't simply delete permanently your own subtitles from the site, but instead, you deactivate them and the subs are still there, even not in the public eye. (?!) Why, if I want to delete a subtitle, I want that subtitle to be deleted! from the site database, not simply deactivated. :roll: I really hope that that will change one day, because that I just can't understand. :? Honestly, the website is archaic for today's standards. Yesterday I had a minor disagreement with a mod, so I decided to "delete" all my English and YouTube subs (thousands!) - for personal reasons which I prefer not go into detail about - and let them only in my blog, and that's when I had this idea of exposing this question here. (Can you imagine? The thousands of my "deleted" subtitles are actually still in the database!) Sorry if I'm being rude; just getting this off my chest; but seriously, guys, think about it. -marlon

oss
Site Admin

Re: Deleting vs deactivating subtitles

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:59 am

hi,

we made it for simple reason, if somebody will gain admin rules, and he delete everything, then...disabled subtitles are deleted after some time permanently.

marlonrock1986

Re: Deleting vs deactivating subtitles

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Thank you for the feedback, @oss.
we made it for simple reason, if somebody will gain admin rules, and he delete everything, then...
Agree. Clueless people are everywhere.
disabled subtitles are deleted after some time permanently.
If that's so, I'm okay and relieved with that, but not completely. Still, I strongly believe the user should have the liberty do delete permanently/immediately his own subs. So I leave here the suggestion for posterity.

Thank you for answering me.

Return to “Developing”