Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
jivan28

My requests drop down list list from when requested, date-wise.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 pm

I was trying to figure out when I made the requests and when they were fulfilled date-wise but haven't been successful either.

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... rt-5/asc-1

There should be a better way to search before I make a new request because due to this short-coming I sometimes end up making the same request twice and come to know only at the very end that I had already made the request and then opensubtitles telling me I can't make the same request twice. This is incredibly frustrating. Could the search at least in my requests could be made more better and versatile perhaps.

oss
Site Admin

Re: My requests drop down list list from when requested, date-wise.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:42 am

Hi

I understand what you mean. We are focusing full energy on new website now - opensubtitles.com - so this won't be fixed for now.

Maybe as quickfix it would help, if there are first subtitles, which doesnt have any available subtitles ? Or would you like to have default sorting ?

jivan28

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi

I understand what you mean. We are focusing full energy on new website now - opensubtitles.com - so this won't be fixed for now.

Maybe as quickfix it would help, if there are first subtitles, which doesnt have any available subtitles ? Or would you like to have default sorting ?
nice. A follow up question then -

would the forum, our subtitles downloaded, uploaded, our credentials , would everything be moved over to the new site or we would have to start from scratch ?

As far as sorting is concerned, I do not know what 'default sorting' would entail but guess anything would be better than the current situation, although the best would be to click on a column and it would ascend or descend according to the column. So, for instance if I were to click on the Names, then alphabetical sorting, if on date, then irrespective of whether any request I made or subtitle fulfilled, in either of those whichever changed happened the latest should be shown first and descend from that.

The descending part would probably be to know when I or anybody else joined the site or starting making requests or upload.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:58 am

everything will be moved, just accounts have to be recreated (set up password only)

for clicking name of move, date, number of downloads etc, it should working in /search/

Return to “Developing”