Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Nadahar

Can't get tag in SearchSubtitles to work

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:51 pm

I'm doing some debugging because I see that too many searches end up as fulltext searches making it both slow and inaccurate.

While studying what's happening, I can't find that "tag" search give any result for any of those I have tested. The result is that it falls back to fulltext, given that hash and IMDB search has already failed.

What I specify in "tag" is simply the file name, for example:

Code: Select all

<methodCall> <methodName>SearchSubtitles</methodName> <params> <param> <value> <string>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</string> </value> </param> <param> <value> <array> <data> <value> <struct> <member> <name>sublanguageid</name> <value> <string>nor,dan,swe,eng,ger</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>tag</name> <value> <string>Captain Phillips 2013 BluRay 1080p x264 DD5.1 FLiCKSiCK.mp4</string> </value> </member> </struct> </value> </data> </array> </value> </param> </params> </methodCall>
The result is:

Code: Select all

<methodResponse> <params> <param> <value> <struct> <member> <name>status</name> <value> <string>200 OK</string> </value> </member> <member> <name>data</name> <value> <array> <data/> </array> </value> </member> <member> <name>seconds</name> <value> <double>0.016</double> </value> </member> </struct> </value> </param> </params> </methodResponse>
I've verified that the "movie name" is registered, when I search the opensubtitles.org "manually" for "Captain Phillips 2013 BluRay 1080p x264 DD5.1 FLiCKSiCK.mp4" I find matching subtitles (5977020, 5513201, 5483346, 5481809 and 5481642).

Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? I understand the documentation as if this should return the same subtitles.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Can't get tag in SearchSubtitles to work

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:51 am

we had to turn off tag support searching for various reasons, the most important is speed.

Return to “Developing”