Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
expat

Unable to store subtitles next to video file

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 am

Upgraded from Android 4.43 / Kodi 15.2 to Android 17.6 / Kodi 17.6 a few days ago. Since the upgrade subtitles do not get stored any more next to the video file. Subtitle search and download is ok. Display of subtitle also ok, but when stopping and opening the video file afresh, subtitles do not show and need to be downloaded again. Pausing a title is ok.

Settings: Subtitle storage: next to video. Drive: 2 TB USB Seagate, however same problem occurs irrespective of drive type (FAT 32) or drive size.

Problem disappears if I select custom storage and select an internal memory location, i.e. DCIM folder. However if I select a folder on the external drive as custom storage I get error message: Failed to download subtitle. Looks like an access permission problem. Any help to sort this out would be greatly appreciated.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Unable to store subtitles next to video file

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 pm

I suggest to ask in KODI support forum on their site.

Return to “Developing”