Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Monome

Re: [KODI] OpenSubtitles.org addon by opensubtitles

Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:26 pm

I am facing the same problem.
Also i have deinstalled and installed the plugin and restarted kodi.
The user and pw are 100% correct

Moobin1

Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:13 pm

I use opensubtitles on Kodi17 (Exodus) and have never had a problem before. But tonight I keep getting the error message: Your opensubtitles.org user name or password is empty or not valid. I have checked, double checked and triple checked but it is definitely correct and filled in. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling opensubtitles, but I get the same error message. Is this a temporary error? I have tried everything without success. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

distef01

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Same here. Its maybe a timeout or something

snapirerez

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:22 pm

I have the same problem since yesterday

Furiaceka85

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Hello Everyone,

I installed opensubtitle in kodi, it has always worked, i have entered user name and password then all of the sudden it stopped working .. a pop a window telling me the user name and psw are incorrect or empty... they are not lol.. i tried to unistall and re-install re enter the log in details but same error.. any solution??

thank you

Kenfabio

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:45 am

When I search any subtitle can't find none. Was having problem with user/pass error, but downloaded last plugin and solved, but now can't find none subtitles, but in site I found any, whats wrong?

zambu

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:41 pm

same problem any solution

Moobin1

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:57 pm

It's working for me now. Must have been a server issue.

iemanddieboosis

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:33 pm

For explanation what is difference between 2 plugins:

- for KODI, official repository, there is now updated OpenSubtitles.org addon which REQUIRE to users to log in (username and password). They will get "acceptable ads" in subtitles (if they are not VIP users etc)

- for "our" addon, which can not be in KODI repository (KODI developers doesnt accept it) users can download subtitles as anonymous (no need to login), but they got normal "ads" in subtitles (except VIP users etc).

So basically it is up to you, which one you choose.
What kind of ads are those? Can you show an example?

oss
Site Admin

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:08 pm

it is ads inside subtitles, one at the beggining and one in the end.

example here
https://dl.opensubtitles.org/en/downloa ... 1955495791

Code: Select all

1 00:00:06,000 --> 00:00:12,074 Advertise your product or brand here contact www.OpenSubtitles.org today ... 1277 02:11:50,305 --> 02:11:56,448 Professional Translation Services www.gts-translation.com
for example.

Melot

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:22 am

Seems to be a problem with the search function too. I'm using the OpenSubtitles addon from the official repository in KODI17 with Exodus. I got no login problem. It accepts the user/password fine. But when I watch a show, like Doctor Who, I wont be able to find subtitles manually.

It does an automatic search, finds subtitles for episode 8 season 7. But these subtitles are sometimes messed up (since there is an episode 0 that displaces the order). If I instead search for "Doctor Who S07E09" it returns no subtitles. If I search for "Doctor Who S07E08" it returns the previous ones. It's like it does an automatic search at the beginning and the manual search only searches within these results.

Is there a setting that I've missed or is it a common problem?

EDIT: I've tried searching for other popular movies and shows (while watching Doctor Who) just to see if it worked. Family guy, simpsons, hannibal etc. but I always recieve the "No subtitles found" text. Seems like it's restricted to the addons automatic search as said before.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi

can you test other shows ? Dr. Who is famous for its different numbering of episodes. We are following IMDB numbering, and on scene is another numbering, thats why it can be problem.

try another tv series.

mo7am_rs

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:38 am

is it possible to add double subtitle support ?
where one language is displayed on the top and another on the bottom?
i've been using online services for a while but it would be awsome to have it inside kodi.

[EDIT] External links deleted by SimplyTheBOSS

oss
Site Admin

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:42 pm

not sure if KODI is supporting this.

mo7am_rs

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:25 pm

not sure if KODI is supporting this.
kodi doesn't support loading 2 subtitles files but it support ass file so my idea is that when the user chooses 2 languages the add-on combines the two srt files in one ass file (it can be a temporary file or saved in memory) that position the two subtitles one on top and the other on bottom then load that file into kodi, there are already sites and github repos that can be used to accomplish this but it would be more convenient to do this from inside kodi

Return to “Developing”