Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
mdatlas

Re: [KODI] OpenSubtitles.org addon by opensubtitles

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Forgive my ignorance, how do I load the .zip into kodi so I don't have to use a login to use opensubtitles.

When I try to use it it now it says Im not logged in..where do you log in on kodi for these types of apps ?

Thanks

Mike

oss
Site Admin

Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:15 am

Hi

read again http://osdb.link/kodi

in short:
Install new OpenSubtitles KODI add-on from OpenSubtitles.org

Steps how to install new add-on, improved by us, where you don’t have to insert your username and password:

uninstall old OpenSubtitles add-on
download updated OpenSubtitles add-on
navigate KODI -> System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file
select the file you downloaded
if it doesn’t work, restart KODI

cressbourneal

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi. Im ok with logging on to the Kodi add-on once you get the hang of how to do it. Im currently logged on now and trying to get subtitles for Jack Taylor The Dramatist but open subtitles says "no subtitle available". but the open subtitles web site says they are available to download. Am I doing something wrong ?/

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:09 pm

trying to get subtitles for Jack Taylor The Dramatist but open subtitles says "no subtitle available". but the open subtitles web site says they are available to download. Am I doing something wrong ?/
It could be that there is no hash code for that subtitle. This results in software not being able to 'see' the subs, although they exist on the web site. If this is the case, you are doing nothing wrong, it's just a limitation of the system.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:23 am

It could be that there is no hash code for that subtitle. This results in software not being able to 'see' the subs, although they exist on the web site. If this is the case, you are doing nothing wrong, it's just a limitation of the system.
In addition, thanks to StB for pointing it out, some software/addons have the possibility to not (only) search by hash, but (also) by title. Then it WILL be able to find all available subtitles, also those without hash. For example VLSub:

Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Doftin

Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I am using opensubtitle.org addon on kodi for a long time. Recently it started to ask for login user name and password. I tired everything but add on doesn't work. It doesn't accept my password. Any solution ?

Kodiaddons

Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:05 am

Not really a registration problem, since that succeeded successfully, but a log in problem.

I registered about a week ago on the subtitle website with Kodiaddons1, and can log in on the website, but on Exodus and Specto addons on Kodi I keep getting the message that I need to log in to continue using Open Subtitles.

I have entered, and several times re-entered, my username and password in the Open Subtitles addon settings.

Is this a known issue? Using Kodi 16.1 .

oss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:47 pm

http://osdb.link/kodi

works here without problems also with Exodus. Uninstall all addons. Make sure you can login also on www.opensubtitles.org. Use same username and password in opensubtitles addon configuration in KODI. It works.

Valentin04

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:11 am

I'm still having issues with obtaining your subtitles. I've uninstalled all add ons and reinstalled them. I still get error message.

Junjod21

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:07 am

Just registered today. Kodi still telling me username and password not correct. Help?

ciprijan

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Hi,

context.subtitlesdialog.contextmenu finds subtitles, but at the download we have an empty string for the title so downloaded files looks like ".hr.srt", and this then gives the attribute "hidden" and can not be loaded in Kodi.

Whether it is possible to incorporate the option of priority search by title of the movie in relation to file name. This is important in unmarked streams of movies.

Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:19 am

Interesting. send me please all the log, so I can see what is going on

ciprijan

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Interesting. send me please all the log, so I can see what is going on
Here is a log: http://pastebin.com/2z4MpdBM

Return to “Developing”