Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
eduo

Alternate search methods

Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:11 am

Hello.

I have two questions, someone please reply:

1.-
I keep working on a tool to massage video files workflows and part of that is getting the subtitles for the movies.

As a first step I search using the hash, which works a lot of times (more than I expected, really).

If the program can't find hash-related subtitles I will give the option of searching another place. I'd like to search in OS but currently no XMLRPC api is provided for this. Is there any suggestion or should I try looking to it in other places like wikisubtitles.net? Obviously without the hash this will prove to be a problem but right now I don't even have a place to use as a basis.

2.-
For a different project, that needs to be as easy as possible, I need a single-step search method for subtitles using hashing. XMLRPC is a several-step process (as "LogIn" is mandatory always) so I was wondering if there is a way to access a simplexml version of the simplesearch page that searches only by hash and bytesize and language (currently available as a parameter URL, not as a simplexml or xml URL).

oss
Site Admin

Re: Alternate search methods

Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Hello.
If the program can't find hash-related subtitles I will give the option of searching another place. I'd like to search in OS but currently no XMLRPC api is provided for this. Is there any suggestion or should I try looking to it in other places like wikisubtitles.net? Obviously without the hash this will prove to be a problem but right now I don't even have a place to use as a basis.
we thought about that with MAJKY and we come to conclusion, in XMLRPC is http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... hSubtitles
and IMDBID is optional, so, you dont need to post hash and filesize, only imdbid and you get back all subtitlles matching that imdb (you can also specify language of course). This already works in OSCAR, see here: http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... scarVideos
wondering if there is a way to access a simplexml version of the simplesearch page that searches only by hash and bytesize and language (currently available as a parameter URL, not as a simplexml or xml URL).
why not? Everything, what is available via "normal" page you can get via "xml" or "simplexml" (on search), so:
http://www.opensubtitles.com/en/search/ ... /simplexml

did this helps you ?

eduo

Re: Alternate search methods

Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Hello.
we thought about that with MAJKY and we come to conclusion, in XMLRPC is http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... hSubtitles
and IMDBID is optional, so, you dont need to post hash and filesize, only imdbid and you get back all subtitlles matching that imdb (you can also specify language of course). This already works in OSCAR, see here: http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... scarVideos
Yeah, well. This doesn't really help me, right? If I can't find results it can be because there are no subtitles but also because the hash hasn't been registered yet, so I wouldn't know the IMDB after the initial search and that would mean another intermediate step in the process.
wondering if there is a way to access a simplexml version of the simplesearch page that searches only by hash and bytesize and language (currently available as a parameter URL, not as a simplexml or xml URL).
why not? Everything, what is available via "normal" page you can get via "xml" or "simplexml" (on search), so:
http://www.opensubtitles.com/en/search/ ... /simplexml

did this helps you ?
Strange. I must've done something wrong, as this didn't work for me the first time. Thanks.

I see you've come back. Happy new year, christmas and I hope the three wise men brought you what you wanted. :)

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Happy new to you to! I am back, full of energy, hehe.

Ok, to your question, I will not add XMLRPC method allowing fulltext search, you can use simplexml or something. For getting IMDB - Oscar (subdownloader too...) searches for nfo file in same dir, and tries to parse imdb link from that, so you have imdb id, if nfo is there. If not, you have to do that by hand (not so complicated, because I added searching IMDB in XMLRPC...)

eduo

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Thanks for the response. Simplexml could be enough for name search.

None of the files I download ever have NFOs in them (tv series, old releases, etc.) and NFO files tend to be deleted anyway, so I can't trust in them.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks again for your support.

Eduo

Return to “Developing”