Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

TODO: TV Series support

Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:33 pm

Hello all,

good news, we are planning better support for TV Series. So tell us, what do you expect.

Just one important thing - when user will upload subtitles (or on server are already uploaded subtitles) for some TV Series - for Season 01 and Episodes 02, 03, 04. So it is not possible (or it is very hard and complicated) to create IMDBID per subtitle file.

That means, best uploads should be one subtitle for one episode, do you agree ?

With this system it is possible store 2 imdb id - one for main tv series and one for episode details. When you will search for TV Series imdb, all TV Series will return. When for Episode imdb - only those episodes will return.

We just add to table: imdb field for tv series, episode number, series number

Just write me, what do you expect, and we will try code that :)

Exhibit_dk

Regarding TV Series

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:32 pm

Hello

Great idea. Could be nice to have one season's subs packed into one .rar file. I have used other applications where movieinfo was from imdb and info about series was taken from www.tv.com where specific episode has their own unique number just like www.imdb.com (as far as I now) :?: :?:

Otherwise thanks for your GREAT :P :P

Regards Exhibit_dk
Exhibit_dk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

oss
Site Admin

TV SERIES - packing all files to zip

Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:00 pm

I will think about possibility for packing one seasons to zip file, or whole tv series, it shouldn't be a big problem. I just think about, if it should be done automatically (select all tv series subtitle files for certain language, then sort it by author, date, votes...)...because I think doing this manually is not good idea.

Also, as I am thinking there should be problem with releases...so what do you guys suggest, doing this packs manually, or by some algo ?

For TV.com - not now...imdb.com is good enough.

oss
Site Admin

TV Series support - suggested changes

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:14 pm

hi all again,

while coding support for TV Series, I came to conclusion, uploads like: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... anatomy-en (many episode subtitles in one upload) have to be splitted to one-by-one upload. That means, one subtitle will have only 1 file, so every episode must be uploaded lonely.

I will code some script, which will try to split those uploads. That means I have to update many tables, it should be quite mess, but not impossible.

What do you think...? For web uploading I can prepare something like - you will select only main episode imdb number, and program will parse filenames, so we will know episodes, and one upload will be splitted to many subtitles...

ixquic

Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:52 pm

I see one possible problem: Episode numbering isn't always consistent. For example in the past season of "Bones" one episode was not aired (because it was about a college and there had been a shooting at a college...), and consequently the episode numbers got mixed up. Also sometimes the numbering of episodes differs between TV and DVD versions, or there is an unaired pilot or a special that some people count and others don't.

So people shouldn't rely on the episode number of the release when uploading, but check with IMDb. It would be good to display episode titles along with the numbers, to make sure uploaders pick the right one.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 am

yes, I know episode numbering is not consistent, but there are some rulez. Uploading series will be IMDB depend, so I have in plan to code - if you choose tv series, you will have to choose also season and episode.

I have other problems with this - I have to assign episodes and series to current subtitles, it is quite funny, but still possible.

Return to “Developing”