I went and did some extensive tests using RPC version and REST version.@ElieM - thanks for info. Can you provide some examples please ?
1) on opensubtitles.com there are lets say 98% subtitles which are on opensubtitles.org (some not imported subtitles doesnt have proper format and so on)
2) so show where hash works on .org and doesnt work on .com - so we can peek into it (make sure subtitle is imported, it should be)
2 examples should be enough.
More of less, their results were the same and I didn't get something substantial to submit here. So either my previous tests were wrong or something changed in between, either way I apologize for my previous statement.
Something I noticed though is that the subtitles I'm seeking actively exist on both websites.
It's 1 movie, and 6 episodes from the same series.
My code does a query based on the file name if the hash returns nothing (in the REST Version)
The movie didn't return results for a hash search, but worked for the query and returned subtitles.
2 of the 6 episodes returned results based on the hash, and 4 didn't return anything based on the hash.
Only 1 of the 4 returned only 1 query result and it had nothing to do with the episode, just words matching closely, the remaining 3 returned no subtitles, although all 6 episodes had subtitles on both websites.
Have to mention that the RPC version is only doing hash searches for now, so I didn't see what it would return for a query search, but the hash results were similar to the REST version.