Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
redguardtoo

xml rpc login api failed.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:12 am

I published my subtitles downloader in Emacs Lisp yesterday at https://github.com/redguardtoo/shenshou

It worked yesterday, but does not work today when calling xml rpc login api.

The api call is just a cli `curl -b --insecure https://api.opensubtitles.org:443/xml-rpc -x socks5h://127.0.0.1:9050 -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -d "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><methodCall><methodName>LogIn</methodName><params><param><value><string>redguardtoo</string></value></param><param><value><string>mypassword</string></value></param><param><value><string>en</string></value></param><param><value><string>shenshou</string></value></param></params></methodCall>"`

And the output is a html file as the screenshot.

I'm always using tor socks5 proxy. I restarted tor several times but always failed.
2021-10-27_22-59_1.png
2021-10-27_22-59_1.png (82.57 KiB) Viewed 4978 times

oss
Site Admin

Re: xml rpc login api failed.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:26 am

it seems screenshot didnt go through, anyway I tried

Code: Select all

curl -b --insecure https://api.opensubtitles.org:443/xml-rpc -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -d "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><methodCall><methodName>LogIn</methodName><params><param><value><string>redguardtoo</string></value></param><param><value><string>mypassword</string></value></param><param><value><string>en</string></value></param><param><value><string>shenshou</string></value></param></params></methodCall>"
and this returns proper (unauthorised) answer. Probably problem with your socks ?

redguardtoo

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:51 am

OK, here is content in screenshot,
Please enable cookies.
One more step
Please complete the security check to access api.opensubtitles.org
Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?

Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
What can I do to prevent this in the future?

If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.

If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.

Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Firefox Add-ons Store.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6a4a443c4d9e4e20 • Your IP: 185.100.87.250 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

oss
Site Admin

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 pm

thats quite strange, because cloudflare it showing the page...anyway, what is output from

Code: Select all

curl -b --insecure https://api.opensubtitles.org:443/xml-rpc -H "Content-Type: text/xml" -d "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><methodCall><methodName>LogIn</methodName><params><param><value><string>redguardtoo</string></value></param><param><value><string>mypassword</string></value></param><param><value><string>en</string></value></param><param><value><string>shenshou</string></value></param></params></methodCall>"

redguardtoo

Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:25 am

It outputs html whose content is as I showed in previous post. I'm behind tor proxy.

redguardtoo

Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi,
I test again a few minutes ago and get same error. Looks I need tech support from opensubtitles team. See https://blog.coingecko.com/how-to-troub ... ng-ray-id/

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6a7c580e492a4c97 • Your IP: 198.144.121.93

oss
Site Admin

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:46 pm

ok it is fixed now

redguardtoo

Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:36 am

Thanks. I can confirm it's fixed now.

Return to “Developing”