Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
os_dev

Re: [OS] Brand new REST API for testing

Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Fixed a little bug, and added a new monitoring for the API.

You can check the status here https://92500a62-df9e-42ed-82a4-e6b3eeb89365.site.hbuptime.com. (there's also a link in the API docs)

erathostene

Tue May 25, 2021 3:52 pm

Hello, I am a bit confused about what endpoint should be used: all the examples I've seen seemed to use `www.opensubtitles.com`, but all the spotlight web playground in the documentation is using `api.opensubtitles.com`.

The api seems currently down (per https://92500a62-df9e-42ed-82a4-e6b3eeb ... ptime.com/ ), at least for me as I can't get a login token, but the behaviour of these 2 endpoint is different: I get a `503 Backend fetch failed` with `api.opensubtitles.com` whereas I get a timeout with the `www` subdomain.

Are these two supposed to be identical? if not, which is the right one and how do they differ?
Thx in advance

os_dev

Fri May 28, 2021 1:52 pm

erathostene wrote:Hello, I am a bit confused about what endpoint should be used: all the examples I've seen seemed to use `www.opensubtitles.com`, but all the spotlight web playground in the documentation is using `api.opensubtitles.com`.

The api seems currently down (per https://92500a62-df9e-42ed-82a4-e6b3eeb ... ptime.com/ ), at least for me as I can't get a login token, but the behaviour of these 2 endpoint is different: I get a `503 Backend fetch failed` with `api.opensubtitles.com` whereas I get a timeout with the `www` subdomain.

Are these two supposed to be identical? if not, which is the right one and how do they differ?
Thx in advance

so you should always use api.opensubtitles.com, it is only working for now with www for testing purposes, but we will disable it in time.

The difference is that api and www use different gateways and caching mechanism, it is also the reason the API can be down while the site is still up, sometimes it's just the api gateway who's down.

We had major upgrades in our servers last weekend, reason for this bug on tuesday.

We are adding more replication and backups, the API should be fully reliable soon

Return to “Developing”