os_dev wrote:on this point I have to say they should normally be always in sync, with only a few hours delay, there's glitches in the system once in a while, but normally if a sub doesn't appear on .com, it means the original file is corrupted anyway
All good then, I'm really happy to have someone to talk with regarding the API
Oh, man... that's cool! About the Search endpoint:
"moviehash" parameter in /api/v1/search is totally working for both movie and tv episodes. Yeah... I checked some video files with TV episodes here. I didn't check for tvshow only as "type" is an optional parameter for this endpoint I think it will work pretty well. I didn't test "type" and "query" of course was already working.
And the other search endpoints /api/v1/search/tv and /api/v1/search/movie they don't really interest me as for precise (read this as "synchronized") subtitles I always get subtitles by hash first else their 'IMDb ID' like I already mentioned above.About the Infos endpoint:
Language Tables, User Data and List Subtitle Formats, well, As I don't need them I didn't even bother testing them and actually I never will use them.About the Find endpoint:
I found pretty odd the fact now you have to use two endpoints /api/v1/find/tv and /api/v1/find/movie for episodes of TV shows and movies considering the old XML-RPC API didn't have two "endpoints" for getting subtitles by IMDb ID.
Well, if you want to get subtitles by IMDb ID like my case, you will need them.
Not counting I will have to add a ComboBox with two options like Movie/TV Episode in my Delphi app. Not a real problem. Just telling you about, okay?
At least I could get subtitles for TV episodes without passing their "parent_id" parameter as the only parameters I actually need (and used in my tests) are "imdbid" and "languages".
By the way, the "languages" parameter is not documented in the list of parameters (https://www.opensubtitles.com/docs/api/ ... x.htm#find
) of both Find endpoints, but the examples feature it. Just warning you about the lack of it, okay?
And please keep this way, as it would be a bit annoying for me having to get the "parent_id" of a TV show first (actually, its ID) and then use this endpoint to get the subtitles later. Like I said, I only care for the IMDb ID one. Thanks! About the Download endpoint:
Fine! The /api/v1/download is working perfectly, got the resulting JSON, the link of the file and I could download it without problemsAbout the Discover endpoint:
Nice! But finding about most downloaded movies and popular movies are let's say... entertaining!
Well... you know. I don't intend to use them like the Info endpoints above.And a final consideration
I'm making a fork of my "OpenSubtitles Downloader" Delphi app called "OpenSubtitles Downloader (REST)" I still will continue using the old XML-RPC one until you stop using the old API. Anyway... this is entirely my problem now.
Okay! That's all I wanted to say about. Thanks for everything! Hugs!
P.S. I won't say my nationality publicly here, but I'm not American neither English is my native language. I can read it, write it, speak it but sadly I can't hear English perfectly. I still understand about 80..90% of the spoken words. Strangely I get English subtitles to watch English-language movies as some subtitles in my native language are let's say hilarious. Some translations are laughable.