Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
tristancastles

What is a good plan for the port forwarding?

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:58 am

I am in this situation. The computer is connected directly to the Internet. Computer B is connected to the Internet through Computer A. I want to bring forward the program I have installed on your computer B.

Kibemau

Re: What is a good plan for the port forwarding?

Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Ew. Well, forget everything I posted on the other thread.

Assuming you're using winXP (other windows versions may be similar):

-Open the Properties for the LAN connection on Computer A (not the internet connection).
-Select the Advanced tab.
-Under "Internet Connection Sharing", click "Options".
-That's where you have to define "Computer B" as the server for a service called "uTorrent" on the fixed port you defined previously. Both the external port and the internal port are the same.

Give it a try.

magic25

Re: What is a good plan for the port forwarding?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:48 am

I think it would be better if you get a router so that your network would work better rather than doing Ad Hoc or Internet Connection Sharing. Just my honest opinion. Ok?
Magic is when you believe it.

Return to “Off-topic talk”