Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
calixto26

searching for how to use opensubtitles

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to use Opensubtitles for watching films in english and with subtitles in french or english.
Somebody can explain to me very clearly the ways to follow after dowloading Opensubtitles.

Thanks a lot

arcchancellor

Re: searching for how to use opensubtitles

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 am

That depends from the kind of movie (avi, mkv, mpg or 1000 others) you want to show and if you want show it on the PC or on TV.
There are several options on each way.

You must be more concrete.

And at first the subs and the movie must fit together.
If not you must make them fit with a Tool like Subtitle Workshop by sliding, buckling or stretching.

Do you have subs and movie of the same kind, one of the easiest options is to rename the subs
that the name (except the extension of course! ;-)) is exact the same like the movie, put both files in the same folder and watch them with a program like the VLC-Player.
The subs will be displayed automatically.

But as I said, all depends from your choice how you want to watch the movie and what kind of codec and container is the movie.
"I don't believe in God. I just believe in Billy Wilder" - Fernando Trueba

Return to “Off-topic talk”