Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
newkinds

Tutorial how to adjust subtitles

Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:46 pm

Hey guys found tutorial how to adjust subtitles.
https://telegra.ph/Adjust-subtitles-in- ... -pro-12-20

it's based on ffsubsync
https://github.com/smacke/ffsubsync

Program unfortunately not works with fansubs but works with most any other subtitles.

Enjoy :D
Last edited by newkinds on Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

owla
Subtitles Admin

Re: Tutorial how to adjust subtitles

Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:03 am

It seems quite complicated, does it work for series or TV movies, where there are breaks of different sizes? I use SubtitleEdit.

urkexia

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:04 pm

It seems quite complicated, does it work for series or TV movies, where there are breaks of different sizes? I use SubtitleEdit.
Just using ffsubsync from command line seems ok for initial timings. You'd have to sort out the sounds, etc later on.

semumera

Wed May 24, 2023 12:52 pm

Adjusting subtitles can be helpful to ensure that you can understand the content clearly. Here's a simple tutorial on how to adjust subtitles:

1. Launch the video player on your device and open the video you wish to watch.
2. Look for the subtitle option, which is usually represented by a CC symbol or "subtitles" in the player's settings. Click on it to turn on the subtitles.
3. Once the subtitles are on, check to see if they are in sync with the video. If the subtitles are ahead or behind the audio, click on the subtitle settings, which are commonly represented by a gear symbol.
4. In the subtitle settings, look for the options that allow you to adjust the timing of the subtitles, such as "delay" or "sync."
5. Adjust the timing of the subtitles according to your preference to match the video.
6. If the size or font of the subtitles is too small or too large, look for the subtitle option that allows you to adjust the font size.
7. Save the changes and test if the subtitles are now matching the video accurately and are in a comfortable size.

In some cases, different devices or video player applications may have variations on how to adjust subtitles, but these basic steps should guide you in adjusting subtitles on any video player platform.

I hope you get the guide, regards,

[Edit SmallBrother: removed the crafty spam and banned the user]

MyraMason

Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:12 am

for a movie or TV series where there are different sized breaks it doesn't almost work perfectly. How can I install ?

rosekling

Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:41 pm

This is what I am looking for. Thanks for sharing

newkinds

Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:47 pm

This is what I am looking for. Thanks for sharing
No need for older version python as in tutorial. Newest version can be used otherwise drag and drop not works with script.

Return to “Off-topic talk”