Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ivanhoe

Scrubbu?

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Where can one read something impartial and objective about Scrubbu ?

Is this safe? How works it?

tinhat

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Scrubbu is a SCAM.

Read this.

ScrubbuInc

Please stop trying to tarnish our reputation

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:49 am

Hey all,

Its Brian from Scrubbu here.

We are offering $5,000 USD for information that will lead us to the owner(s) behind FileClub.info, and the negative posts above.  We believe it's the same person or persons behind both - read on to find out why:

Since we launched a few months ago, we have been the target of a slander attack by the person running the FileClub.info site.  We are not in any way connected with the individuals listed on the website, nor have we ever operated or have had any connection with the websites listed on that page other than Scrubbu. We have already tried contacting this individual to explain that we are not who he or she believes us to be. We have no idea what his/her motives are, but whoever is behind this is refusing to respond to our attempts at contact.

Scrubbu Media Search Tool is the culmination of years of effort by a group of developers and investors, and not a "scam" as suggested by the website.  Our application is solid, spyware and virus-free.  We have a comprehensive cancellation policy and ensure that each and every one of our customers is satisfied by offering instant 24 hour telephone, live chat, and email support.

Please do not be fooled by these efforts to taint our reputation.  If you have any concerns, please drop us an email at support [at] scrubbu.com, and we will be happy to help in any way we can.

Being a small non-US company, we face considerable difficulty and cost in taking legal action against the owner, whose identity is being shielded by GoDaddy and DomainsByProxy. Nevertheless, we have no choice but to proceed with the full extent of the law to reveal the identity of this person and ensure that this matter is settled.  We fully plan to bring a lawsuit against the person or persons behind this site.

If you know (or can help) us find the person responsible for these sites or posts, please email us at abuse [at] scrubbu.com and we will get back to you with due haste.  Any information you can offer is useful - IPs, emails, contact information.  Our lawyers will sort it out. Help us expose this person and you will receive up to $5000 USD reward.

TO THE webmaster of FileClub.info: Scrubbu is not affiliated in any way with your personal vendetta against the persons on your site. You have been nothing but hostile to us. If you have a problem with our business, I challenge you to stop hiding behind GoDaddy, and come meet us (and our lawyers) in court.  If you do not have the decency to do so, then please immediately remove our company and domain from your website and stop spamming forums in an effort to slander us.

Thanks all for reading,

Brian Riddick
Scrubbu Software Inc.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 am

hi,

I am in contact with Brian from Srubbu, I tried Scrubbu software, it looks nice. Basically it finds links (rapidshare, megaupload and others) to things (movies) you are searching for. It has download agent and so on.

I think, there should be nice, if users can try this software with some limitation and then decide if it is useful software for them.

Anyway, Scrubbu is not scam.

fiberchina89

Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:31 am

It is difficult to tell... On the one hand is and the truth can appear fraud, but on the other hand - intrigues of competitors. Correctly I think? Articles ordered by competitors on the Internet suffices...

HeadToaster

Scammed too

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 pm

I go recently got scammed by Scrubbu Media Tool Service. www.scrubbu.com

I did pay for the media and the license but I thought I was just paying for the Trail Version which includes 2 days use if im not right.

But I realized that Scrubbu renewed my membership and charged me on my credit card for full membership.

I immediately contacted thier live support where i was told to fill out thier "Ticket Form" - which i did. And was promised support within 24 hours from thier 24/7 staff - WRONG.... Nothing happened and sent them 2 more mails concerning my wishes to get out of thier services. I thought I was clear and all OK since I didn't hear from them, but after 3 weeks I was fully charged again for my "renewed" membership and I realized that it was going to be IMPOSSIBLE getting unsubscribed.

And the day today they keep charging me. I guess the only solution to this is contacting my bank and have them to cancel thier automatically transactions from my account or I'm forced to get a new credit card.

This site SCAMS big time and I will post this on every forum I see concerning internet scams and fraud.

This was my story, and if you think its false. please contact me for tons of screenshots and evidence of every single mail and live chat i had with thier support.

So my point: STAY AWAY from this scammer site.

Networkuser

Re: Scammed too

Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:59 pm

I go recently got scammed by Scrubbu Media Tool Service. www.scrubbu.com

I did pay for the media and the license but I thought I was just paying for the Trail Version which includes 2 days use if im not right.

But I realized that Scrubbu renewed my membership and charged me on my credit card for full membership.

I immediately contacted thier live support where i was told to fill out thier "Ticket Form" - which i did. And was promised support within 24 hours from thier 24/7 staff - WRONG.... Nothing happened and sent them 2 more mails concerning my wishes to get out of thier services. I thought I was clear and all OK since I didn't hear from them, but after 3 weeks I was fully charged again for my "renewed" membership and I realized that it was going to be IMPOSSIBLE getting unsubscribed.

And the day today they keep charging me. I guess the only solution to this is contacting my bank and have them to cancel thier automatically transactions from my account or I'm forced to get a new credit card.

This site SCAMS big time and I will post this on every forum I see concerning internet scams and fraud.

This was my story, and if you think its false. please contact me for tons of screenshots and evidence of every single mail and live chat i had with thier support.

So my point: STAY AWAY from this scammer site.
Hi everybody. I could not keep myself and registered here just to reply to this absolutely ridiculous message. I have heard about the scrubbu search tool a while ago and became quite interested. Before using any subscription products on the web I make a small research to see whether the product itself is legitimate and whether it will cause me any troubles: either financial or moral ) It's true, I have found a few negative feedbacks about scrubbu, which convinced it in scam and all kind of illegal things. But the thing is, that all these threads and messages over there are written in absolutely the same style and look like low quality, cheap black PR ) Just to make sure I finally decided to purchase my license and see how everything will work out. I have subscribed for 2 days trial, they charged me 2.95 as mentioned while signing up. After using the tool 2 days I have contacted support desk through ticket system and e-mail and the response was received almost immediately. Support staff asked me what was wrong and stuff like that. I explained everything and my subscription was cancelled ABSOLUTELY without any problems. All the procedure took me about 15 minutes ) I have no idea how do you make up such stupid stories like that...
For those, who are interested I can provide screenshots of my e-mails, while communciating with support staff.

Ines88

Re: Scrubbu?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Thank you for clarifying issues about Scrubbu, I would definitely use it earlier but I got worried by the warning here with large fonts...

Return to “Off-topic talk”