Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
[email protected]

The bad rating relatively good subtitle, and delete ratings

Sat May 13, 2017 8:53 am

Hello everyone, I recently received the worst grade in a completely senseless reasons. Does someone could delete comments and a rating. https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... get-out-en
Thanks,and wish you wonderful day.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: The bad rating relatively good subtitle, and delete ratings

Sat May 13, 2017 11:58 am

Everybody has the right to an opinion and express it, even when somebody else thinks it's nonsense, even when it *IS* nonsense. But who am I (or you or anybody else) to say? This could lead to a (nonsense and endless) discussion, and probably many, every day.

Only in very extreme cases I would delete comments, for example with deeply hating and repetitive insults or if security of any individual is in danger. In most cases I would leave it, just for the sake of free speech versus censorship.

The same for bad ratings, this is just a matter of personal opinion and basically there is no right or wrong. Only when it looks utterly ridiculous I would delete it, for example when a bad rating is just a matter of competition or childish revenge or so. Btw, I didn't see any bad rating on that subtitle.

So I am gonna leave it like it is.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

[email protected]

Sat May 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Thank you for your honest answer. I'm sorry to bother you, because I solved the problem quite politely. Thank you, and my apologize again.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat May 13, 2017 4:30 pm

No need to apologize, you were just ... having an opinion.
Moreover, I am glad it is solved and in a more pleasant way.
Thank you too.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “Off-topic talk”