Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
hector

What means "edit" in forum posts?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 am

In the top right corner of my posts I can see a button with a pen and label "Edit post". What's it for?

I mean, I can edit something that I wrote one year ago and everybody has already seen? Could I pretend not to have said something I said?

The key is that sometimes I send a post and then I realise I said something wrong and use the "edit". But can everybody see those changes? What if in the meantime somebody has already red it?

Infrequentia

Re: What means "edit" in forum posts?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:18 pm

In the top right corner of my posts I can see a button with a pen and label "Edit post". What's it for?
For editing your post. :wink: It gives you opportunity to correct your post which is easier than deleting first one and writing a new
if there is for example just a small typo. I use editing to add something that I've forgotten to write, making my explanation clearer or I'm facepalming to my writing skills and correcting words.
I can edit something that I wrote one year ago and everybody has already seen? Could I pretend not to have said something I said?
You can edit, but whats the point of it if everybody has already seen it. I mean who sees trouble just to find and edit 1-2 year old post?
But can everybody see those changes? What if in the meantime somebody has already red it?
If you edit your post at the bottom of your message appears a line like this " Last edited by Infrequentia on Mon JUL 26, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total." If somebody has already red it in the meantime you cannot do anything for that.

hector

Re: What means "edit" in forum posts?

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Thamks. :)

Return to “Off-topic talk”