Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
guidecca

VIRUS on this site

Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:23 am

I downloaded your player. It woud not download English subs. I got a virus that destroyed my pictures and started working on my music (replaceable). Now, pictures on an external HDD are gone and I've got to TRY and recover them. I didn't have and problems until I came to this site. How many viruses are there? This one locked (erased) files and folders.

oss
Site Admin

Re: VIRUS on this site

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 am

Hello,

I can assure you, this is not caused by OS Player, it is simply not possible. You get some virus elsewhere. Please scan your computer with antivirus and post which viruses it finds.

Kerena112

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:39 pm

I don't think OS Player caused the problem. Use bitdefender for scanning your files. They removed viruses and bugs.

Zbig

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 am

does it pop up the following screen? http://sureshotsoftware.com/wp-content/ ... sh-com.png
Removal help instantly available [Commercial link removed by SmallBrother]

willieaames

Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:26 am

Usually all viruses came from torrent sites, its better to scan the whole pc or re-install windows.

hector

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:09 pm

its better to scan the whole pc or re-install windows
It is even better to remove it completely. windows is a virus itself. :D

DanielDefenitiv

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:31 am

Windows and certain web browsers can think a lot of things are viruses, but I can assure you I scanned it myself because I'm paranoid about that, and the result was zero results found. No virus.

hector

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Once and for all:
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT A VIRUS IN A SRT. Well, not exactly impossible. You could do it but since srt files are not executable it would be harmless. The most harmful thing I can think of is displaying strange characters.

Please, DIY: open a subtitle file with the notepad or whatever text editor you like. How the hell can you hide a virus (or make it execute) there?

This is nonsense.

yourmum2

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi got an issue here! opensubtitle has screwed my laptop. Lucky that this is my spare laptop which i rarely use.
You are linking this website to malware-loaded adverts and risking other people's laptop getting smashed.
why on earth do you have by default to download subtitle using your software when it is fully loaded with spam and malware.
this is really annoying. thanks for ruining my laptop.

Return to “Off-topic talk”