Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
unimatrix00

Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:48 am

Regarding hashing.. can a better mechanism be made to find subtitles? The reason I'm asking is because in my experience I get no matches (since I have my own DVD rips). Even with other movies, hashes are not available for many videos.

So.. what if in addition to hashing, movies were matched by duration (millisecs or secs)? In that case most DVD rips would be matched, regardless of the encoding. Same with blu-ray.. right? Would that be possible?

macofaco

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:46 am

Regarding hashing.. can a better mechanism be made to find subtitles? The reason I'm asking is because in my experience I get no matches (since I have my own DVD rips). Even with other movies, hashes are not available for many videos.

So.. what if in addition to hashing, movies were matched by duration (millisecs or secs)? In that case most DVD rips would be matched, regardless of the encoding. Same with blu-ray.. right? Would that be possible?
Good news: Sublight movie hash has following format:
-1 byte: reserverd
-2 bytes: movie length in seconds
-6 bytes: movie size in bytes
-16 bytes: MD5 hash
-1 byte: control byte

Bad news: movie length in seconds is currently not used but it can be switched on in feature versions :)

This is also why I have my own hashing algorithm (it contains more information).

unimatrix00

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:52 am

Nice job, that makes sense. Please implement the movie length mechanism! I'm surprised no one is taking that approach, I'd definitely support your hash for that.

macofaco

Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Just two weeks until final version 8)

New Sublight will also feature advanced media information detection (see HD logo in screenshot). This is possible because of great library called MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net).

macofaco

Sublight was successfully tested in Windows 7

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Sublight was successfully tested in Windows 7:

unimatrix00

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Only 3 days for the grand opening :D

macofaco

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:57 am

Final version is already available today 8)

unimatrix00

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Whoa nice, lets see...

migueld

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 am

Hey macofaco, when I download spanish subtitles using sublight some characters such as ! ¿ ? ´ look wrong. Instead of "¿" a weird character is shown. An example is Batman Forever, from T-1000. If I get the subtitles directly from opensubtitles.org, there are no issues.

Also, when looking at "my movies" I can't see whether the movies have subtitles or not. It would be extremely helpful if there was some indicator as to which subtitles each movie has. Perhaps a flag icons beside each movie? If you could bring this feature it'd be extremely useful for me.

So far I really like this app and as discussed before (in Plex forums) the hash mechanism you built has potential. The app is very elegant and easy to use, wow it's far better than anything out there, nice work.

macofaco

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Hello migueld.

Regarding weird characters. There are two possibilities:
-original file was corrupted (published by T-1000)
-possibility of bug in ANSI -> Unicode conversion (all subtitles are converted to Unicode and saved in this format)

For test please upload subtitle with correct "¿" character in ANSI format. Then download this same subtitle and check your character (if there are no bugs it should be same).

---

Regarding subtitle indicator in "My movies". I will try to implement this.

Regards,
macofaco

migueld

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:02 am

OK I tried what you suggested and it works fine. The subtitle that I uploaded shows up fine. So it seems that the file published by T-1000 is corrupted? I will look into other publishers to see if there are more, or if it's just T-1000.

macofaco

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:34 am

OK, thank you. This was then corrupted file. You can report such files (right click on subtitle) and eventually it will be deleted by admins.

Regards,
macofaco

macofaco

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:19 pm

migueld, your request was implemented (subtitle indicator in "My movies" tab). New version will be available soon.

Screenshot:

Regards,
macofaco

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:28 am

Nice! Hey is there any way to show which subtitle language each movie has? Usually I have both English and Spanish subtitles.

macofaco

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 am

This is not planned for next release.

Return to “Off-topic talk”