Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
timosphere

Handmade Subtitles for Captain Phillips (2013)

Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:11 am

Hey guys,

By now I'm sure most of you that have downloaded "Captain Phillips" have noticed just HOW BAD AND INNACURATE the subtitles are for this film.

I've just spent the last 2 days working on a complete set of Korean to English Only subtitles for this movie. These subs will work with all versions of the film that are 2:13:41 Long (Millenium, Murder, THC, NLU, etc) - Blurred and Non-Blurred.

I built this subtitle file by hand, one line at a time, with accurate Somali to English translations, and with correct timing for all elements. I even added a few new lines that weren't even subbed in the theatre (I guess my time over there 20 years ago was worth something after all).

I just signed up today, but I posted the subs early this morning (I was up all night) under "anonymous".

Its titled "Captain Phillips (2013) (Korean Parts Only)", but is actually English for Somali parts only - I was tired. The downloaded filename is "Captain Phillips (2013) ENG for KOR Only (Handmade)".

Already have 205 downloads! This makes me feel the work was worthwhile...

Hope you all enjoy using this file as much as I did making it.

Tim

dtsak

Re: Handmade Subtitles for Captain Phillips (2013)

Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:08 am

hello, first time to this site. can i please download

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Re: Handmade Subtitles for Captain Phillips (2013)

Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:07 pm

hello, first time to this site. can i please download

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... 20phillips

Return to “Off-topic talk”