Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kisjoke91

SRTool

Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:18 am

Hi everyone!

I make sometimes subtitles as hobby, or i translate existing ones to my native language, if i feel that other people have also watch the movie what i just watched. Some of that i uploaded to OS as well. I am using macOS, and i did not found a good srt editor as i wanted to correct the timing or just wanted to create missing frames - even not for a few bucks, and the others was really expensive but overrated - so i did make my own app. I want it just to introduce you. I hope some of you may like it. I want later implementing a lot of things yet, like spell checking of every frames, soundwave view, maybe creating frames automatically trough analyzing the audio track and more, but its now the first version - however in my opinion more powerful and handy than other alternatives.
If you are curious please visit the apps launch page. I hope its not that bad that i posted this, and i hope there are more people wo have the same trouble.

more at:
http://chaos-dev.ml/srtool

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: SRTool

Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:20 am

I like this, pretty exceptional these days :)

"What you do is simply not our business. While using SRTool will be no data collected, and the app does not send usage data or any other data to us."
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Martin1964

Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 pm

What a great initiative!

There was/is no - as far as I know - no translation software for Mac.
Now I have zero programming skills, but SE is one of the very best translation programs for Windows. You can do all the functions you would like to have with SE (wave,spell-check etc).

SE is open-source, would it be possible to re-write this for macOS?

SE: https://www.nikse.dk/
Source: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit
Manual SE: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=15314 (Handleiding PDF, sorry Dutch only!)

kisjoke91

Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 pm

I don't want to rewrite it, because my app uses a completely different paradigm with its timeline based workflow, i like things just keep simple.
I was working now for a while on the iPad and iPhone version of this app - and deployed already in the app store for every one - i think i makes fun to work with it on an iPad.

...and i work on a bigger update:
I implemented a fullscreen player functionality - so just opt out the timeline, and act as a normal video player - we are now able to import video urls too. It was neccessary because the player i used before did not ordinary handle the srt files while playing (and it is a famous player) so it was just simpler use my own.
The other biggest thing i plan, to integrate the Opensubtitles API, so i can import the subs directly in the app, and if i do some translation jobs, i will be able to deploy my subs to Opensubtitles via the app. Its also quiet useful if i want to watch a movie - and i watch movies only with subtitles.

kisjoke91

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:43 pm

So, i just released the version 1.2.0 in the App Store for macOS (This version for iOS is currently under review, but it should take maximal one day). Here are some features:

- Importing srt files
- Video view
- Shift global timing
- Adding, editing, and removing frames
- Multiple selection of frames
- Shift the timing of the selected frames
- Removing multi selected frames
- Single frames are selectable with a click
- Single frames are draggable
- The frames are resizeble without using the selection bar
- Keyboard shortcuts
- iPhone and iPad support
- Adding frames with double click on ruler
- Setting the selection with double click on frame
- Advanced document based file handling managed by macOS and iOS
- Import video file from a network location
- Fullscreen video function, double tap to fullscreen video
- Scrolling the timeline with mouse wheel or trackpad gesture
- Subtitles search and download function powered by Opensubtitles.org
- Subtitles are now positionable
- Changeable color of a selected range of text.
- You can add bold, italic, and underlined attributes to a selected range of the text.
- Removable formatting of a frame
- Smart autofilling of the editor textfield.
- Play / Pause on a single click if timeline is hidden (macOS)
- Export videos with hard subs: You can now "burn" subtitles on your video (available as In-App Purchase, because you want to support me)

and uhm.. now i started to implement the upload function for Opensubtitles.org

...and maybe spell checking too, but it depends on my mood.
The next release will contain these features, but you will get informed anyway.

RandyBonnette

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 pm

It will take some time to do my assignment but I guess the updates are coming soon. I will inform you here later.

Thumbs up! I've just come across your app on reddit. Definitely, it'll be one of the best tools for my Mac, I'm sure.
I also like the idea of custom colors and other styling features. Btw, any updates about spell checking?

Return to “Off-topic talk”