WilDieteren

bug in shift analyzer

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:06 pm

L.S.,

There seems to be a bug in the shift analyzer: the shift suggestion is sometimes not correctly copied to the shift pane. For example the shift suggestion will show -4176 ms, the shift pane however will show -1420 ms. I would like to add a screenshot but am not sure how to do that, if at all possible. I am using FlixTools V2.5 on an iMac running macOS 10.12.3, only happened recently, may be a V2.5 bug.

Also manually changing the values in the shift pane is not possible. I had assumed that it should be possible to manually change the shift value, maybe I got that wrong. If I got it wrong how then can I manually set a shift value?

Wil Dieteren

MarcoTC
Subtitles Admin

Re: bug in shift analyzer

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Sorry for the late response. I thought I replied already.

This happens when the subtitles would go below 0. Most likely, the subtitles are for another release and it still tries to make the most out of it. However, if the first subtitle starts at 00:00:01,000, it will not allow you to to shift down for more than 1 second.

Sometimes the first subtitle sentence is added later or doesn't make sense. You could try to select the first subtitle and hit delete. That way, it gives more room to shift downwards.

Hope that makes sense.

WilDieteren

Re: bug in shift analyzer

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 pm

MarcoTC,

After haven given it some thought I had already assumed it was something like that. Could you maybe also have a look at my reply in the "list of keyboard shortcuts" topic? Additionally, I have another request: I would like to be able to transfer subtitles from the "Download Subtitles" pane to the "Synchronize Subtitles" pane.

Wil Dieteren

Return to “Open Subtitles FlixTools Support Forum”