Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
nelsy

Displaying all the subtitles

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 am

Hello,
I'm subtitling a rap video clip. The whole subtitle file comprises about 85 subtitles and as from the 26th the subtitles don't appear on the screen anymore. I'm using it Subtitle Workshop V. 2.51.
Thanks for helping me

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Re: Displaying all the subtitles

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 am

It is easier to tell where the problem is, if we see the subtitle...
Upload it somewhere and give a link.

nelsy

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:03 am

It is easier to tell where the problem is, if we see the subtitle...
Upload it somewhere and give a link.
Thanks for your reply even if i quite don't understand what you mean. Ok here is what I did: I took a rap video, I found its lyrics then it turned it into a subtitle file, I loaded it in Subtitle Workshop. I started working on it well : all the subtitles were displayed normally but I noticed that from the 26th the subtitles don't appear on the screen, yet you can see the texts.

nelsy

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks for your reply even if i quite don't understand what you mean. Ok here is what I did: I took a rap video, I found its lyrics then it turned it into a subtitle file, I loaded it in Subtitle Workshop. I started working on it well : all the subtitles were displayed normally but I noticed that from the 26th the subtitles don't appear on the screen, yet you can see the texts.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am

What i meant was that It would be nice to see the subtitle file...

jcdr

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Alors en Français, comme c'est dans la section française...
J'y comprends pas grand-chose non plus: les sous-titres n'apparaissent pas à l'écran, mais on peut voir les textes... ?!?

Avant tout, ouvrir le fichier .srt avec un éditeur de textes (Notepad, Word...).
Chaque ligne doit exactement avoir le format (exemple avec ¶=retour de ligne):

Code: Select all

12¶ 00:04:02,960 --> 00:04:08,671¶ "If my parents could stand the bee stings,¶ I can stand them, too."¶ ¶ 13¶ 00:04:08,960 --> 00:04:10,678¶ After all I am not a softie.¶ ¶
Le formatage est strict. Bien vérifier les lignes de sous-titre 25, 26 et 27.
Erreurs classiques: '->' au lieu de '-->', point au lieu de virgule dans le 'timecode', zéro ou deux retours de ligne entre lignes de sous-titre, un espace après le numéro de ligne ou entre deux lignes de sous-titre, deux numéros de ligne ne se suivent pas...

Ensuite, utiliser un logiciel récent qui supporte l'encodage UTF-8. Je conseille Subtitle Edit.

Return to “Français”