Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like OSCAR?

Yes
71%
No
10%
I don't know
19%

Total votes: 72
Majky
Site Admin

I'll look into it ...

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 am

ok, I'll look into it.

in the meantime, please, also make sure your preferences are saved, i.e. check 'oscar.ini' to see if your login credentials are stored in SERVERS section. If not try pressing the 'Save' button in 'Preferences'.

also check the 'Log' tab. Attempts to login (and get token) should be displayed there. See if there are any errors logged. if not send me a sample log output via PM.

jugaor

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:14 am

I send you the PM. Thanks!

DrHeinz

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:31 am

i like oscar. if only the site/data weren't unavailable so many times, or so slow that the program timed out.

muvis

Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:45 pm

Simple and clean interface :)

Could you add an installer, please?

NSIS is a good one and is free.

qreeves

Bug in Registry Settings

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi there, just thought I'd let you know about a bug in the way you store the settings in the registry for the "Search" commands.

Where you have:

Code: Select all

path\to\oscar.exe /search "%1"
You should use:

Code: Select all

"path\to\oscar.exe" /search "%1"
Note the quotation marks around the path to the program. If the path has a space in it, all files passed to it as parameters end up using MSDOS style 8.3 file names - which is totally undesirable when naming subtitles after its parent video file.

Extra command line options and the ability to automate things more would be nice; my biggest wish would be to automatically download a subtitle when I play a video, which you could probably do if you have OSCAR use ShellExec (or the Delphi equivalent) to run the video file after the subtitle is downloaded.

Anyway, great program, keep up the good work.

Majky
Site Admin

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Simple and clean interface :)

Could you add an installer, please?

NSIS is a good one and is free.
I'm not entirely sure what you need an installer for. You just unpack the distribution archive and run the exe file, as simple as that. If I used an installer it would probably do just that anyway, not sure what else to do. :)

Majky
Site Admin

Re: Bug in Registry Settings

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi there, just thought I'd let you know about a bug in the way you store the settings in the registry for the "Search" commands.

Extra command line options and the ability to automate things more would be nice; my biggest wish would be to automatically download a subtitle when I play a video, which you could probably do if you have OSCAR use ShellExec (or the Delphi equivalent) to run the video file after the subtitle is downloaded.
Thanks for the bug report, I'll look into it. I haven't had much time to work on Oscar for some time now but I'm planning to return to it.

I got some new features already implemented but I just can't seem to finish/test them all and prepare a new release.

When I do there'll surely be a note here so be on the lookout. :)

fetard

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi
I just tested OSCAR, great idea

But I encounter the following problem : for French translation (and I think it is the same problem with other languages), we haven't enough place for labels, so most of them are cutted.

animal99

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:40 pm

new version of OSCAR is out, what about some feedback ? :)
I'm using the g2v10.1 (English), and I really like your clean interface but I would like to offer a few suggestions:

1-Add function for adding more databases to search, besides OpenSubtitles.org - Like PODNAPSIS.NET and others (if available)

2 - a means by which we can switch between databases

3 - add ability to Search by choosing only one, or to search various databases, simultaneously (multiple searches at a time)

4- Place an OSCAR forum on the front page of the OPENSUBTITLES.ORG web site. I find this thread difficult to find in a hurry! :)

Majky
Site Admin

Re: OSCAR G2V10.1

Sat May 15, 2010 1:57 pm

hi, guys ...

so after a "short" hiatus I've decided to once again take a closer look at what's going on here and I've reopened the Oscar project to see how it can be improved.

I will look at the latest changes in API to see what new features should be implemented to be 'up-to-date'.

If anyone has any requests as to the functionality, now is the time to ask.

I've also created a small web site dedicated to Oscar and its releases, it can be found here: http://oscar.dunres.sk/

Main areas of interest are currently (no promises though):
- support for RAR files (a prototype is already working quite fine)
- attempts to create ports for Delphi 2010 (failed in the first try :( ) and FreePascal
- new API functions implementation
- I'll consider any user-requested features

All the best to you all ...

<Majky>

coolguy

ERROR ON USING

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:07 am

Hi There,

I have been using oscar for over 6 months now and have downloaded hundreds of subtiles quite successfully and happily.
From the last 2 days it shows me this message when i try to download subtitles.

Search: failed with error SearchSubtitles: exception Item is not a array type

Can anyone please help.
Thanks
alok

shubhamgarg2kxx

Re: ERROR ON USING

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:37 am

I m facing the same problem, plz lemme know if a solution exists.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:53 am

Hi There,

I have been using oscar for over 6 months now and have downloaded hundreds of subtiles quite successfully and happily.
From the last 2 days it shows me this message when i try to download subtitles.

Search: failed with error SearchSubtitles: exception Item is not a array type

Can anyone please help.
Thanks
alok
Maybe right place to ask this:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=555

oss
Site Admin

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:45 am

also be sure you are using last oscar: http://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/dow ... /oscar.zip

Majky
Site Admin

Re: OSCAR G2V10.1

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:04 pm

hi all,

everyone having problems when searching for subtitles in Oscar (exact error message in log is: "Search: failed with error SearchSubtitles: exception Item is not a array type"), please, download the latest beta (g2v12) version from my web site: http://oscar.dunres.sk/ ...

the remote server implementation has changed slightly recently which broke the application.

it should be working fine now again.

thanks to Bob for letting me know about this problem.

<Majky>

Return to “Programs using OS”