Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you want SubDownloader to be available in your language?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 15
nb000

subdownloader feature request

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi, here is a brand new topic for new ideas, and feature requests.
And here they are:
  1. multilanguage support for the program (in progress)
  2. subtitle validity check before upload (php -> python)
  3. commandline support
  4. download all subtitles for a video (done)
  5. right click extension (done)
  6. make it possible to turn right click menu off
  7. seaching for a good python coder (we really need help)
  8. autodetect os, and do something if it is win2k (see also viewtopic.php?t=314)
  9. add SubDownloader to XBMC (see also viewtopic.php?t=316)
  10. fix all bugs reported in the forum (if any of them is unfixed yet)
Last edited by nb000 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[b]nb000[/b]

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 am

good idea for topic, if you can, nb000, edit those to the first message, so we have all featerues request in first post. Ok, multilanguage support - we are working on it (based on XML of course), simple validity is done on server, but it should be done in subdownloader, I will get the sources to the author.
You can add there - commandline support, download all subtitles, right click extension, good python coder (we really need help)... :)

nb000

Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:44 pm

I have collected the posted feature reqests I found in the forum.
If u have any new idea or feature request, just post it in this topic,
I will add it to the list at the top.
[b]nb000[/b]

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:47 pm

thanks a lot. you can read more at:
http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... /TODO_List
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=859384
https://forja.rediris.es/pm/task.php?gr ... unc=browse

hope it is enugh :)

also good news is - one my friend has bored at nights and coded delphi application (class, dll) for downloading subtitles, he is working on some new features and so on. Good news, it will be public (I hope soon), also I hope he will get sources, it should be opensource too. Application has only 400 kb :)

eduo

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:13 am

I'd really like the GUI to just be a front-end of a CLI program, personally. It'd make it more portable and it would be easier to isolate issues from one side or the other.

Is the current method of hashing and query protocols explained anywhere?

Obviously if this is not the developer's goal I'd understand it, but I feel the strenght of SubDownloader actually lies in the method it uses for hashing and identifying.

Other than that I'd like a way to have more accurate ratings, but I guess it's too much to expect for people to go in and rate the subtitles. Especially if they don't actually know what subtitle they've got.

So, this is what I'd do:

1.-Create a standalone CLI tool for downloading hash-based subtitles for videos. With the full-functionality available as CLI-options.

2.-Front-ends that either use the CLI (the norm) or just the protocol (mimicking the CLI from the front-end).

This would:

-Open the way to better, smaller or leaner front-ends, developed in an appropiate language for the OS (I'd make one in AppleScript for OSX, for example) as well as alternate usages (cronjobs, contextual menus, etc.)

-Open the way to automations (cronjobs, again, as well as including in scripts)

-Allow for third-party programs to have plug-ins that download the appropiate subtitle (for example, Azureus could have a plug-in that optionally downloads a subtitle, Xtorrent and uTorrent could add the option in-program, a script could VERY EASILY be made for XBMC that scans and downloads subtitles for videos, etc.)

Obviously the CLI would also allow uploading, and the GUI would also support it. That way subtitle programs could also call it and automatically upload the subtitle to the server.

I'd strip the protocol to the bare bones and write a CLI for it right now. And build a front-end to manage it. It would mean starting from scratch, but I think it's still a good time to do so, I believe.

eduo

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 am

Gah. forget it. That happens for talking too fast.

I just found the Wiki. I'm so very sorry.

FYI:
Hash Calc: http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... /Moviehash
Protocol (XMLRPC): http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... XmlRpc_Api

Don't bother to answer, I'll leave the post for historical purposes.

dbaalborg

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:34 pm

Another idea:
Some movies come in the form of a .bin and a .cue... These formats are not recognized by default by SD, the default movie files are only .avi, .mpg and .mpeg.
Each time you want to search for a subtitle of a bin+cue movie, you have to select the option "All files"...

It should be nice if the .bin (not .cue) file would be recognized as a movie file, and thus not having to change the search criteria manually...

I hope you see what I mean...
Keep up the excellent work, app is very nice!

oss
Site Admin

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

yes, I see, this is not problem and good feature.

nb000

other video formats

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:21 pm

There are also some other (rare but used) video formats,
which are only available when selecting "All files".
Important video extensions:
  • wmv (windows media video)
  • mov (quicktime video)
  • rm (Real Movie)
  • ogm (ogg container format)
  • mkv (matroska container)
A more complete list can be found here:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/tbuehler/vi ... sions.html
[b]nb000[/b]

oss
Site Admin

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:49 pm

this will be in next version, currently is Ivan very busy :(

dbaalborg

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:59 pm

I am aware that you are very busy... You're app is going very good...
Just a little post to remember you about the formats issue, so that you don't forget to add those rare formats to the standard list...
nb000's link is very complete, and don't forget the bin/cue that's not in the list...
Keep on guys!

James

correct czech localization

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:38 pm

I correct many mistakes in Czech localization, you can download it here http://data2.edisk.cz/stahni/18701/subd ... .76kB.html
Do good things, and good things happen to you
[img]http://homel.vsb.cz/~spi057/userbar.gif[/img]

pakore

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:49 pm

I would like to request an easy feature:

I would like SubDownloader to name the downloaded subtitles with the original filename that you see when you select the subtitle to download. For example:

I was searching a subtitle for

dexter.101.hdtv.xvid.hv.avi

in English. So the search result is:

dexter.101.hdtv.xvid.hv.english.srt

But once you download it, it appears with the filename:

DEXTER~4.en.srt

Why don't keep the original filename? So it is easier to watch it, because DirectVobSub finds it automatically, because they have the same filename (.avi and .srt). Besides, DEXTER~4.en.srt is not a very useful filename...

Thanks in advance.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:52 pm

my subdownloader do this, which version are you using ? also you run it from exe, then scan dir and then search ? Because this can happen AFAIK, when you right click to avi and search subs...

pakore

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:19 pm

I use SubDownloader v1.2.9.

And yes, I use the shell menu, right click on the avi and "Search Subtitle". For me, is the fastest way!

So...is it too hard my request? :D

Return to “Programs using OS”