Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
mk981234

Status 'Unauthorized' in Bazarr

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Hi all,

Im running Bazarr which is a automated subtitle downloader for TV shows and movies, and i'm using the built-in Opensubtitles API. I'm a Opensubtitles VIP member, and i also enabled that in the settings. Everything was working fine for a long time, until about 3 days ago Opensubtitles stopped working, and Bazarr is displaying a 'Unauthorized' message next to it. Screenshot: https://i.koningnet.nl/chrome_ePFrUjvE7H.jpg

Any ideas? Did i go over my download limit or something?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Max
Last edited by mk981234 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Status 'Unauthorized' in Bazarr

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:07 am

fixed now

4c3T

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:04 am

I think the problem's back again.
I've had some disk problems lately, which had led to some data corruption of the config files, so I've had little thought of actually checking in on Bazarr, until now.

I tried using both my nickname and email, but nothing works.
The logs just says "Authentication error" and "Unauthorized".
I even tried using the API-key that I made a while back. Don't remember for what purpose I created it, but it didn't work anyway.

I should also point out that I've seen this error for some time now, even before the disk problems, but they've only been there intermittently.
Usually I rarely check in on Bazarr unless it's something that I'm actively searching for.
Besides the .com I'm also using the .org in there, which should be just about the same, I think (Feel free to enlighten me of the difference, if any!), so it's not totally a loss if .com fails.
But, seeing as how Bazarr is still in the early stages, it still has a bit more need of development until it's a fully fledged downloader.
However, when it encounters a problem, like logins, it slows everything down and pretty much all interaction takes forever, and it keeps re-trying every 5-10 minutes in case of failure thus it takes extra long time to conclude that it cannot use that provider.

Just checked while writing this, and I got this from the Bazarr-logs, regarding the .org provider: "ServiceUnavailable", which reminds me that it too appears from time to time, and I don't know if it's just the server that's too busy and can't keep up or something.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:20 pm

New Bazarr probably uses opensubtitles.com site - so please try with your opensubtitles.com username and password, should work. Also, if nothing helps, please contact Bazarr support, from our side everything works.

Return to “Programs using OS”