Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: Subber (Download/Upload subtitles)

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi

yes, you can PM me with stuff.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:07 pm

by the way we recommend to implement our new API https://www.opensubtitles.com/docs/api/html/index.htm - it can be there is non-default - dev version for now.

noembryo

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Well, I did check the newer API when you had it introduced, but there were some issues viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16453#p39810 that at the time were a showstopper..
I was tracking the progress then, but nothing changed.
It was a few years back though so, are there any news at that?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Hi

you are talking about intermediate API. I am talking about totally new API, please check https://www.opensubtitles.com/docs/api/html/index.htm

try it and you will love it :)

noembryo

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:27 pm

Read the overview and as I understand it, with this API an unregistered user can download 5 subtitles and a registered 10 subtitles per day at max? :shock:
This is worse than the intermediate API (it had max 40)?
What am I missing?
I must be misunderstanding something here... :)

oss
Site Admin

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:12 pm

We have to find good balance between subtitle downloads and free service. This might change in future.

Masutin

Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:56 am

I have a problem starting Opensubtitles Uploader on Windows XP. Subber is an obvious choice. Please consider these for uploading.
After the IMDb ID is determined and an upload is started, the file is reported as uploaded with the ID of a file loaded years ago.
2) Implementing at least some of the fields present at opensubtitles.org/upload/.

noembryo

Re:

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:16 pm

I have a problem starting Opensubtitles Uploader on Windows XP. Subber is an obvious choice. Please consider these for uploading.
After the IMDb ID is determined and an upload is started, the file is reported as uploaded with the ID of a file loaded years ago.
I think that this is what happens if that specific subtitle is already uploaded.
2) Implementing at least some of the fields present at opensubtitles.org/upload/.
Can you be a little more specific?
What are the fields that you think are needed?
There are some GUI considerations that have to be taken into account..

Masutin

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:30 pm

How can I upload a file if Opensubtitles already has files for the same IMDb ID?
2) Fields: Comment, Release name, or any.

noembryo

Re:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:10 pm

How can I upload a file if Opensubtitles already has files for the same IMDb ID?
I think that you can upload a different subtitle.
The thing that perhaps can't and should't do, is upload the same (already existing) subtitle.
2) Fields: Comment, Release name, or any.
Hmm.. I'll look into the library I use to check if it supports any of them.
The GUI side needs some thought though..

noembryo

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:48 pm

v1.17.0.0
  • Added:
    ● We can now "Edit Subtitle Info" before uploading (right-click on a checked subtitle).
       Supported fields are: "FPS", "Release name", "Comment", "Translator", "Hearing impaired" and "HD movie".
    Fixed:
    ● "Get all found subtitles" is an option of the main "Download" button and it shouldn't influence the "Download selected" actions.

noembryo

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:35 pm

v1.17.1.0
  • Fixed:
    ● No uploading subtitles without editing.

squadjot

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi!

Cool program you've made, thanks for sharing!

What do you think about having an option to play the video with subtitle, from the GUI?. A button or option from the rightclick menu that, when clicked, opens the video in the windows default player ( or specified player path in settings )

That would be convenient :)

noembryo

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm

What do you think about having an option to play the video with subtitle, from the GUI?. A button or option from the rightclick menu that, when clicked, opens the video in the windows default player ( or specified player path in settings )
It is not difficult to add an option to the right click menu to open the video in the default player, but the selection of the subtitle in that player can not be influenced..

noembryo

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm

@admin Please delete this..
Last edited by noembryo on Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Programs using OS”