Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
garykuok

Get some movies' subtitles on a particular language

Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello,
I'm a student. I want to download a lot of movies' subtitles files from opensubtitles' website. I've wrote a program to download the subtitle files (in zip) and I set the sleep time which is longer than 7 mins. However, after I downloaded certain number of files the system would consider me as a robot (despite it really is) and it doesn't work anymore.

My requirement is like this:
I want all movie subtitles (in zip is ok, just like normal download one) that has English, Portuguese and Chinese.
If I need to download them by myself, how long I need to wait after the previous download? (E.g. sleep time in the program)

I saw a paper online, the author said they got all subtitles' dump from admin. I am wondering if I can also get one too?
The link is this: http://folk.uio.no/plison/pdfs/talks/op ... es2016.pdf

All the data are for academic use ONLY, I promise.

Thanks.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Get some movies' subtitles on a particular language

Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:00 pm

why to not write me an email ?

Dont download subtitles from opensubtitles like that, it is not working

Return to “Programs using OS”