Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
saintnicholas

problems with Movie ending abruptly on TV

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:40 am

I have had this problem occurring randomly now and then for some movies that I have on my hard drive. Most of them run smoothly on my TV, but I've had three that would stop somewhere in the middle. One of them even ended with a few minutes left to the movie.

All of them run just fine from start to finish on my laptop. Just not on the TV.

Is there a reason for this? Is there a way I can prevent this from happening? I do not think there is anything wrong with the movies themselves because, like I said, they run just fine on my laptop... it must be the TV. The TV itself is fine, though. Most of the movies run great on the TV, so...

oss
Site Admin

Re: problems with Movie ending abruptly on TV

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:23 am

I guess when you are watching movie on TV you not connect your laptop to TV, but using some Android player ? If it is this situation, decoding (player) can be different on your computer and android/hw player device, so it can have some problems and it freeze

just thought - so I think the problem is within movie file

Return to “Programs using OS”