Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Penafo

OS Downloader 1.3 not working?

Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:26 pm

Hello! I'm new here so I'm sorry in advance if posting in the wrong place...

I bought a VIP membership so I could use the OS Downloader but the program seems not to be working and/or not recognising my login ...

It isn't able to download a single subtitle ... Is there any problem with it?

Cheers

oss
Site Admin

Re: OS Downloader 1.3 not working?

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 am

Hi

first of all thanks for supporting our site. Please check, if you can successfully login on www.opensubtitles.org - if yes, your VIP works ok.

Next - "It isn't able to download a single subtitle" - what it means exactly ? it can not find any subtitles, or you click download, and it doesnt download them ? Can you send any error message?

Penafo

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello,

The login on the site wasn't the problem. It was about the program... Now it seems to be working just fine and downloading all subtitles. Before it just showed the question mark or the clock icon. Didn't display any errors ... just stuck on those icons.

[Edit by SmallBrother]
By the way, using this post to (...)
(...) as the movie file?

Question moved to new topic: https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... =1&t=15788

Penafo

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:41 am

OS Downloader is not working again ... here's a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/a/5WqXO

Is it any problem on my end?

MarcepanPL

Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Hello.

I downloaded the same episodes and I set the program language and subtitles to Portuguese.
Works fine:

If you have a question mark next to the movie title, maybe firewall blocks access to the internet for OSDownloader?

oss
Site Admin

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 pm

it would be good to explain what exactly is not working. It is searching ? It is downloading ? What error message it gives (if any?). Screenshots welcome, video even better.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:14 pm

it would be good to explain what exactly is not working. It is searching ? It is downloading ? What error message it gives (if any?). Screenshots welcome, video even better.
... here's a screenshot:
:wink:

Penafo

Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:34 pm

... here's a screenshot:
:wink:
yup! :)

MarcepanPL

Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:04 am

If you have a question mark next to the movie title, maybe firewall blocks access to the internet for OSDownloader?
Did you check it ?

Funchalense
Site Admin

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:54 am

Oss, why does appear this error? "Access violation at address 007EFB70 in module 'OSDownloader.exe'. Read of address 00000028."

Seee the screenshot of the error here : https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 904#p35904
It happens after downloading the subtitle.

Use «r message :
...Basically, being with the folder open that containing the .mkv, i click with the right button on the file name and do "Download subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org". Soon the file appears in the folder, it appeared the error window, and so after clicking the OK appears in the bottom right corner of the window to say what subtitle that was downloaded.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 am

working on it.

Return to “Programs using OS”