Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: OpenSubtitles-Uploader (Windows/Linux/OSX)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:59 pm

@vankasteelj and/or @oss

Recently (the last one/two weeks?) I noticed that when I am uploading an existing subtitle with a new video hash (to add the hash code/movie name), the response popup says "hash already present" and "movie name already present", while I am pretty convinced they cannot be present yet. Today some user reported the same thing.

No idea if this is an issue of the uploader or of the opensubtitles system...
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

kerremelk

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 pm

@vankasteelj and/or @oss

Recently (the last one/two weeks?) I noticed that when I am uploading an existing subtitle with a new video hash (to add the hash code/movie name), the response popup says "hash already present" and "movie name already present", while I am pretty convinced they cannot be present yet. Today some user reported the same thing.

No idea if this is an issue of the uploader or of the opensubtitles system...

Well, I did not report two occurrunces of this behaviour thinking that somebody else added the hash not long before, and that the entry still sat in "cache limbo-land". ( I did not check for the appearance of the hash later on. Too bad.)
Last edited by kerremelk on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fun7om

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:12 am

happend to me once, but at the end i found it inside drop-down lists: (i guess its not the case)

also, maybe the hash was deleted for some reason, and when trying to re-add, you get the error.

vankasteelj

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:23 pm

New version 2.5.0 is out: https://github.com/vankasteelj/opensubt ... r/releases

- nwjs 0.39.3, SDK flavor for debugging (this adds weight to the installer, sorry, it helps me!)
- new lang: Ukrainian
- requested feature: show detected imdb video title on main screen
- requested feature: add a 'lock' to prevent auto-detect lang (useful for non-latin alphabets & pt-br)
- bugfix #58 (wrong video file auto-detect)

fun7om

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:45 pm

New version 2.5.0 is out: https://github.com/vankasteelj/opensubt ... r/releases

- requested feature: add a 'lock' to prevent auto-detect lang (useful for non-latin alphabets & pt-br)
- bugfix #58 (wrong video file auto-detect)
Thank you very much for those :D

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am

New version 2.5.0 is out
Cheers! :D
(...) the response popup says "hash already present" and "movie name already present", while I am pretty convinced they cannot be present yet.
happend to me once, but at the end i found it inside drop-down lists
First of all, adding hashes have a long delay, due to cache, I have seen it taking almost two days (but I think oss made the cache expiry shorter).

But this is exactly what I mean. The hash IS being added (so behavior is as wanted and as expected), just the 'error' is not correct.
also, maybe the hash was deleted for some reason, and when trying to re-add, you get the error.
I have seen it also with subs of an hour old, only few tens of downloads. VERY unlikely that all this happened in that short time. Also very unlikely that exactly the (two!) hashes I tried to add, were already added by someone else within that short time and low number of downloads.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

vankasteelj

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:11 pm

I only rely on the api for those errors, so unless something changes on OSS side, I'm not gonna change anything regarding hashes

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:20 pm

I only rely on the api for those errors, so unless something changes on OSS side, I'm not gonna change anything regarding hashes
Okay, I understand and I agree. If you are just passing on output from OS, then the uploader is not to blame.
So maybe Oss can have a look...

fijnproever

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Tried this version. You can no longer drag subtitles or movie files into this software. It will only work loading in the movie file manually.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Tried this version. You can no longer drag subtitles or movie files into this software. It will only work loading in the movie file manually.
Which version?
For me, dragging worked fine in v2.4.0 and also in the latest v2.5.0
I am using the Win32 installer version.

kerremelk

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Hello,
I think it's the latest upgrade-update in windows 10 build 1903 that causes this.
1903 has stricter rules about app permissions. It can be set to not allow app install if said app does not come from MSFT store. I had set this to allow "wild" apps, and it still warned me when I was going to install version 2.50.
Run setup as admin (R-cklick to run as admin), when the warning popup shows, hit "more information" to get to the option to install it despite this...
And after installation succeeded, you will indeed be surprised that the first time you run it from the icon, drag/dropping a title into the fields does not result in the behaviour we was used to.
So I again launched from icon, but with R-click as admin.
This time drag/drop worked for one field, so I dragged the other file onto it as well.

After the machine was rebooted, I tried this again, without running it as admin, and it worked like old times.

So, I really think it is build 1903 that throws a curve ball.
Behaviour of subtitle edit also changed, see. When film and srt files have same name, the film should load automatically.
Well, as of a few days ago this is no longer true. As user with admin rights, (not R-clicked) it only sometimes works.
Maybe it has to do with associations and permissions, but it could also be about the way filenames are written.
I observed that in some cases, windows cuts off parts of the filename that follow a dot.
(some releases have over a dozen dots in their filename)
Maybe it does not like spaces either?
When I use a bulkrename tool to replace every dot by a space, the film sometimes still does not launch despite the fact that I had doublechecked that those names was identical (even by copying the Film-name to srt-name).
(sometimes is a keyword here. Because sometimes it works as expected, sometimes it don't.)
And that can make you wonder about your sanity, but even worse, when one reports odd behaviour it can meet sceptisism because other people cannot reproduce the reported behaviour...

So, we will have to ask fijnproever one important question.
What build of windows is he on?

My fear is the following:
In build 18xx things may work smoothly, and in 19xx they may no longer work, or not smootly.
So, if one is on 1903, one has to go look at security settings, and/or settings for developers (where you will see the option about store apps)
Kind regards, Jaak.

An afterthought: Maybe I's not mad. The world's just gone cuckoo, though.

kerremelk

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm

Well, after it worked perfectly (before I wrote prvious message)... it now won't allow me to drop a file into it.
Maybe it was caused by looking into windows settings (to find out where that store app setting was located)?
In any case, it does what fijnprover described.
I have just done a re-install in admin mode, and ran it in admin mode, and it does not behave as it should.
(I will now perform a cold reboot, and see what that does.).

fun7om

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:12 pm

for me no problem with drag & drop files.
im on win 1903
uploader 2.5,0 Portable
under "developer" settings checked "only from microsoft store"

kerremelk

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 am

I'm with 2.50 through setup in a x64 windoush 1903.

After cold reboot I launched from icon by normal doubleclick.
Then; dragging SRT into field does not automatically add the film-file (but at least it could be dropped now)

THEN... exited and relaunched, and strange as it is, dragging the film-file automatically gets and adds the SRT

It did not show film-file details with an MP4, nor with an MKV, when a SRT was dropped into subtitle field.
I reproduced this behaviour four times now. (With and without exiting/relaunching)

That's a problem. Dropping an SRT should (I think) automatically try to find the filmfile in same folder, and add the details.
Dunno if that could be attributed to permissions. ( I Don't think so. )
Just reporting what I observed

vankasteelj

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 pm

You cannot run this software as administrator, it won't let you drop things. You might want to install it somewhere else than Program Files to try, or use the portable version, see if there's a difference

Return to “Programs using OS”