Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kerremelk

Re: OpenSubtitles-Uploader (Windows/Linux/OSX)

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Let me add a little something, as I think oss may be misleaded about what is actually the problem.
( He might think *I* am the problem :) )

Now the subtitle appears with release name Nice_Movie (2010) dut (i.e. the same as subtitle file name minus the extension SRT)
But it SHOULD have been OCR DVD-rip

Correct, kerremelk?
yes.
and yes, I am too obfuscational. It's perhaps because I had to discuss discombobulation eons ago.

fun7om

OpenSubtitles-Uploader "release name"

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:50 am

hey guys,
i also have this problem.
already opend issue at github back in july.
https://github.com/vankasteelj/opensubt ... /issues/52
but vankasteelj replied he couldnt find any problem, so i thougt it was just me.
i dont upload a lot subtitles so after upload i used the "edit" option and changed
"Release name" field by myself.

kerremelk

Re: OpenSubtitles-Uploader "release name"

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:32 am

hey guys,
i also have this problem.
already opend issue at github back in july.
https://github.com/vankasteelj/opensubt ... /issues/52
but vankasteelj replied he couldnt find any problem, so i thougt it was just me.
i dont upload a lot subtitles so after upload i used the "edit" option and changed
"Release name" field by myself.
Hi
you could use this txt from SmallBrother to explain the problem to VanKasteel at github.
- Take the uploader of vankasteelj
- Make a subtitle file which is called (for example) Nice_Movie (2010) dut.srt
- Load this into the uploader
- Check IMDB ID so that it is matching (in this example fictional movie name) Nice Movie of 2010
- Write as release name OCR DVD-rip
- Upload

Now the subtitle appears with release name Nice_Movie (2010) dut (i.e. the same as subtitle file name minus the extension SRT)
But it SHOULD have been OCR DVD-rip

vankasteelj

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi, what's wierd is that everything works fine for me when I test what you describe, and I don't see where it could go wrong in my app. Can OSS double check the server part?

fun7om

Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:41 am

just made sure the problem still presists on my side.
takes the name of the srt.

ImageImageImage

vankasteelj

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 am

Ok, I'm able to reproduce now.

EDIT: I found the issue

kerremelk

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi, Thanks.
I will test it ASAP, and let you know wether it is fixed.
Jaak

kerremelk

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:38 pm

NO cigar.
(EDIT: what I wrote in this message was meaningless as I had done a test with the OLD version)
Last edited by kerremelk on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kerremelk

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:42 pm

OOOH, OOOOOPS.
I plumb forgot to upgrade.
BRB

kerremelk

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:53 pm

SORRY about that No Cigar message.

2.4.0.0 "dood" the trick.
the result was this...
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... ta-kill-nl

so... EDIT
now we know that it works when the film and/or SRT have a different name than what you fill in in the releasename.

I made minor adjustments to the SRT, so it would not be seen as already present at Opensubtitles.org

I filled in "retail DVD OCR scan" this time (without quotes) in release name field, filled in the translator's name in translator field, and for comment, I filled in "test 2.4.0.0 van app", and then I hit upload.
et viola, YOU GET YOUR CIGAR.
It has put up the releasename I had filled in by hand.

fun7om

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 am

FIXXED!
thank you!

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:10 pm

Among some other stuff, this was posted in another topic:
FYI - I also downloaded the opensubtitles uploader program last night to be able to easier upload subtitles, opensubtitles-uploader-2.4.0-win32-setup.exe, and Norton gave me an "untrusted" warning about the program. So I went to hybrid-analysis.com, uploaded the program for analysis, and it concluded that the program was "malicious", with a threat score of 80/100.

So I deleted the program without installing it. You guys should be aware of this as well.

This report has 15 indicators that were mapped to 15 attack techniques and 7 tactics.
Contains ability to query CPU information
Reads the active computer name
Found an IP/URL artifact that was identified as malicious by at least one reputation engine: http://nsis.sf.net
Ransomware/Banking: The input sample dropped 2000 files (often an indicator for ransomware)
System Security: Contains ability to elevate privileges
System Security: Opens the Kernel Security Device Driver (KsecDD) of Windows
Contains ability to reboot/shutdown the operating system
Reads the registry for installed applications

The list goes on...Most of which I do not understand, but I am not sure why a simple subtitle file uploader program needs to ability to elevate privileges, reboot my computer, accesses the Kernel Security Driver of Windows, or read a list of all the programs I have installed on my PC.
For myself, based upon my intuition, I totally trust this software. But (to hell with my intuition) I asked a couple of second opinions.

I had the portable and installer versions 2.4.0 (residing locally on my computer) scanned by Jotti.org, resulting in one red flag out of 15:
Portable: https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/files ... kyjpfocxav
Installer: https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/files ... 9qj3gmrr9a

I asked the same to Virustotal.com, but only for the executable version 2.3.0 (residing on github), due to limitations of file size (max. 50 MB), resulting in no red flags:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/6cdc0e ... /detection

Maybe Vankasteelj can explain the threat indicators found by hybrid-analysis.

[Edit SmallBrother]
This is the full output of Hybrid-Analysis: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/ ... 40954ea513
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

kerremelk

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:12 pm

hello, dependencies and vulnerabilities?
What are security vectors?
Often same thing.

an app needs access to filename to copy name to a"imput field" so it can send it to a site.
It needs access to clipboard to do that
It needs access to file system to do that
it needs access to internet
it needs access to a (redirected) search for IMDB site
it has to connect to a site (OS.org) KNOWN to have links that link to "spam/yar all" PC is not safe, and other adware vendor redirects.

If I had no hosts file, or no adblocker, then I dare say I would NEVER in my life publish an SRT again.

kerremelk

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:27 pm

On the other hand, over here, it did NOT ever ask to reboot/elevate itself to (access to levels it has a need to access), and somebody reporting on that is a person without admin or slightly elevated user rights.
In other words, parental control and/or security (norton/avira/kasprsky..... whomever using security that is GOOD) can trigger these warnings, for good reason.

Return to “Programs using OS”