Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ixquic

How to report wrong hash?

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Is there a way (other than XMLRPC) to report a wrong movie hash for a subtitles file? The old Subdownloader had this function but now I can't find it anywhere in Subdownloader, Oscar or the Firefox extension.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:16 am

yes, there is no web page for that. Admins can delete hashes, so just go to subtitle details (using that moviehash in search...), and you can report it in comment, and admins take care.

elguaxo

Re: How to report wrong hash?

Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

The old SubDownloader 1.2.9 had an option for reporting a wrong movie hash for a subtitles file. Are you still looking at those reports generated via SubDownloader 1.2.9?

oss
Site Admin

Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:48 am

yes, those reports are handled by system (which I hope is working:)

djo0012

Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:15 pm

I know it's an old post, but considering the high number of wrong hash there is in the database, wouldn't it be goo to have a simple way of signalling them, on 200 video (mostly series) I got 27 that are not event the right series and 19 that are not the right episode number.

I'm using a customized version of 'lm' so it's the result returned with xml-rpc that use the number of download to give the highest priority of the subtitle, so there is probably even more than that. still it's at least 20% of wrong hash found.

One thing I could do is implement the ReportWrongMovieHash on my side to report them but as there doesn't seam to be other software using it, I fear that the report would be useless if I'm alone to report in that way. even more when I see a lot of wrong hash that are more than a year old (or at least the episode is).

So as of today's situation, what is the best way to signal them efficiently?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm

it is good question. usually the software just implements download subtitles, maybe 10% supports uploading, and maybe 2% support reporting wrong hash.

We are working (or trying to sort), on cleaning the wrong hashes using some scripts. Maybe it would be better to give to some users (trusted users) options to delete hash, even there is one report only.

Do you have any idea ?

djo0012

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:31 pm

For series I think that a script could do a good job by matching season/episode number in the file title and from metaData on OS.
Let use http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... -rhythm-en as an example:

we've got this file/hash (I wont go with the multiple name for a same hash in this but the script could use them) :

A.Gifted.Man.S01E09.480p.HDTV.x264-mSD.mkv .................................. ok
A.Gifted.Man.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi .......................................... ok
A.Gifted.Man.S01E09.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv .......................... ok
A.Gifted.Man.S01E09.hdtv-lol.avi .................................................... ok
A.Gifted.Man.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi ........................................... ok
MONEYBALL (2011) BRRip XviD-FTW.avi ............................................ delete
Burn.Notice.S05E02.Bloodlines.HDTV.XviD-FEVER-GTtvSD.avi ................... delete
Real Steel (2011) DVDRip XviD-3LT0N.avi ........................................... delete
Sherlock Holmes A Game Of Shadows (2011) TS XviD-DTRG.avi ................. delete
Game Time (2011).avi ................................................................. delete
Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E05.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi ................................... delete
hawaii.five-0.2010.206.hdtv-lol.avi ................................................. delete
Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E07.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi ................................... delete
Hawaii.Five-0.2010.S02E09.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[VTV].avi ............................ delete
Odarennyj.chelovek.(1.sezon.09.seriya.iz.16).2011.XviD.WEB-D ................ well delete but maybe it shouldn't anyway it's the right season episode just in a unusual format for me...

so just this 'simple' script would remove all the series subtitle that are linked to a movie file hash, all the movie sub that are link to series file hash and all the wrong episode in a series, the only problem that stay is movie sub link to another movie file hash and series sub that are linked to same season/episode of another series file hash.

another movie to see how it could help : http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... ctivity-en
except the first file I don't think there is event one other hash that fit the sub but as the download number is almost 60000 there is no chance a software could pick the right sub from xml-rpc.

I think this would safely take care of a high % of wrong hash, but I see no way of fixing safely the movie-movie case other than human reporting. this kind of reporting could be made easier by adding an 'X' to each file/hash and developing an helper tool for admin to check them easily, but that's asking a lot of developing time.

Return to “Programs using OS”