Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like idea of Subdownloader?

Yes, it is excellent
90%
No, I will use website anyway
10%

Total votes: 312
nb000

Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:10 am

we could have a topic for reporting bugs :-D
or we could do it on the subdownloader wiki site,
if it would work.
You can visit it here:
Subdownloader wiki
[b]nb000[/b]

nb000

feature req / could be said a bug

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi, you could provide some info
on how to disable the context menu integration.
I find it very annoying, for example,
when I click on recycle bin,
there is also a "search for subtitles" and an "upload subtitle" menu.
I don't want this, and I think I'm not the only one.
[b]nb000[/b]

Aleph

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:44 pm

hmmm...
I loved the context menu but I do agree it shouldn't appear everywhere...
maybe only on .avi, .mpeg, .mpg files or something like that...

eduo

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:43 am

os (or ivan):

Is there a "command-line" mode for SubDownloader? I want to integrate it in a contextual menu for MacOSX and for that I'd need to run it through the CLI.

The idea would be that you launch the CLI mode for SubDownloader if you right-clic on a file or a folder and it downloads automatically all subtitles for the 1-3 languages you've defined as your preferred ones.

I could share the code afterwards for inclusion. I was thinking of doing so anyway after I figured out a couple of things. Possibly a launcher for MacOSX and a contextual menu for the OS.

capiscuas

MacOSX DMG

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:58 am

Hi eduo,

This is IVAN, the developper.

I'm developping the command-line part, i think it will be better idea if we collaborate to achieve some DMG autoinstall file for MACOSX so everybody can install withouth problems and it will insert automatically that contextual menu.

Best regards.

Joker_Prince

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:40 am

Hello all, nice idea really :), although I don't like python (or any interpreted language). Maybe I'll start a cpp/gtkmm clone, is there any specs, or I'll have to figure out from the python code?

Anyway, since it's python so be it for now, the problem is:
How to get it to work under linux?

python setup.py errors on "import py2exe"
python SubDownloader.py errors on "import imdb" (in IMDBSearch.py).

thanks.

eduo

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:04 am

Joker: Try using the source for 1.2.4 I linked to in another thread. The windows executables won't work and the source for 1.2.3 is broken.

viewtopic.php?t=421

You do have to install the dependencies, wxpython and imdbpy:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/imdb ... 2.8.tar.gz
http://www.wxpython.org/download.php#binaries

And the wiki is chockfull of code for any number of languages for the important parts (especially the hashes and the xmlrpc apis).
http://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... =1656#1656

oss
Site Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:44 am

eduo, thanks for give feedback to Joker. Also, I want just say - look on these pages:
http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... /Moviehash
http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... XmlRpc_Api

and, if you ar starting some cpp project, think about making some plugin to vobsub - vsfilter / I dont know what is "standard" on linux.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VobSub

I think this is the right way, how to make really cool stuff.

eduo

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:20 pm

eduo, thanks for give feedback to Joker. Also, I want just say - look on these pages:
http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... /Moviehash
http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... XmlRpc_Api
Yes, both links are in my original post, which I linked. I don't like repeating links in forums as it screws the searches, so I tend to backlink to the original place where information exists. This also encourages people to at least try searching before asking something that may be answered.

Also, please keep in mind that VSFilter (vobsub) is a windows filter for DirectShow, part of DirectX and provided by MS. Suggesting Windows-only software to non-windows-users is not usually a good idea.

VobSub exists only for DVD rippers, really. Subtitle conversion tools in general would be adequate for a new format, as well as subtitle editing (Jubler comes to mind).

Still, for mac a good DVD2SRT application is D-SUBTITLER (although it needs an update soon). For Unix (not just linux) there is tccat or tcextract for subtitle extraction and GOCR for OCR conversion (DVD SUbtitles are graphics, not text) or just use subtitleripper (or its libraries).

oss
Site Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 pm

yes, you have right about links.

As I am not GUI linux user, I don't know what is "standard" there for watching subtitles, on Windows it is some direct show filter like VOBSUB (now known as vsfilter) - forget about ripping part, idx files.

So, if is something like this on linux, that one "codec/plugin" should show subtitles in any media player, best way is code this support in this "codec/plugin" and you can still use your own favourite media player.

Now, we have to: SubDownloader -> Player, if SubDownloader functionality will be ported to "codec/plugin", just open movie, plugin will download subtitles, and thats it...

Joker_Prince

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:06 pm

Thanks for your feedback :)
ok, I downloaded the 1.2.4 source from svn, and still doesn't work,

#python SubDownloader.py errors on:
File SubDownloaderFrame.py in ?
from extra.AdvancedSplash import AdvancedSplash as AS
ImportError: no module named extra.AdvancedSplash

I know that I know nothing about python, forgive me if it's a stupid error from me :)

also I checked the xmlrpc_api and moviehash pages, great recourses.

now os, about the lunix standard,
AFAIK there is no plugin for subtitles, the best program for playing movies is "MPlayer (The Movie Player)" in my opinion and many others, and it uses internal code to display subtitles, I know this because we patched it to correctly display arabic subtitles.
As for MSW, sorry I can't :(, although I write cross platform code, I don't write windows specific code at all.

Joker_Prince

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:10 pm

By the way, I got IMDYpy, now 1.2.3 works already, so I don't think it's dependency problem.

eduo

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:45 am

Devs: How are we doing for a new release of this? Can I help with testing or something? :)

oss
Site Admin

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:19 am

1.2.5 is comming soon. Also there should be some list of tester. I will talk to capiscuas, and let you know, how we deal with testing.

eduo

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:26 am

1.2.5 is comming soon. Also there should be some list of tester. I will talk to capiscuas, and let you know, how we deal with testing.
Cool. You know where to find me :)

Suerte!

Eduo

Return to “Programs using OS”