Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like idea of Subdownloader?

Yes, it is excellent
90%
No, I will use website anyway
10%

Total votes: 312
oss
Site Admin

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:39 pm

I also hope the bug gets fixed - still haven't seen the program myself! ;)
you can't download it or ? Program works quite ok, as one classic said: program is never finished. So - read first message in this thread and you will find download for sure :)

Gryzor

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:34 pm

Nonono - downloaded all right, but it won't start. Please do read my earlier message - it keeps crashing when I try to run it...

Cheers
Gryzor

oss
Site Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:03 am

Nonono - downloaded all right, but it won't start. Please do read my earlier message - it keeps crashing when I try to run it...
oh, yes, sorry. Will try to fix that ASAP :)

Gryzor

Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:43 am

Thanks - can't wait :)

Amirjoon

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:42 pm

1.in start menu click control panel
2.select date,time,language, and regional options
3.click change the format of number,dates and times
4.in the regional options select a language(unless english) and then click ok
5.run Subdownloader
I did exactly this on Windows XP and works ok. You didnt wrote which settings you used, I tried Slovak, Swedisch and some other and it works ok here...so if you can, write more details, we like, if subdownloader will run everywhere without any problems.
I think subdownloader not run in Asian langluages,I tried Persian,arabic and some other and subdownloader 1.2.2 did not ran,please see this image:

oss
Site Admin

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:48 pm

thats it! thanks for feedback :)

Gryzor

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:24 pm

Yes - same as mine, with Greek. I also tried switching the Unicode option to En, but since I also have greek installed as a language and greek regional settings it still won't work...

Cheers
Gryzor

Pumba

The Error MSG

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:48 pm

This is exactly what I get when I try to log in and start.
Please have you got any solution.

ianux

some bugs I found

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:12 am

hello,
I just installed this soft and I find it pretty cool
there are some bugs when I try to upload a subtitle:

when I select a file to upload, the soft doesn't find it in the database (based on a moviehash if I understand), but it neither find it on IMDB (based on what? filename I think). I can't fill the ID by hand, I can't type or paste in the field, and the Search ID button doesn't work. Here is the python traceback when I press the button (I'm under linux):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/ianux/bin/SubDownloader1.2.2/UploadWindow.py", line 571, in OnIMDBButton
self.dlg = IMDBSearch.IMDBSearch(self,imdb_id,self,-1,"IMDB Search", style = wx.DEFAULT_DIALOG_STYLE)
File "/home/ianux/bin/SubDownloader1.2.2/IMDBSearch.py", line 30, in __init__
self.__set_properties()
File "/home/ianux/bin/SubDownloader1.2.2/IMDBSearch.py", line 38, in __set_properties
self.list_movies_imdb.SetColumnWidth(2,200)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py", line 4603, in SetColumnWidth
return _controls_.ListCtrl_SetColumnWidth(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in ../src/generic/listctrl.cpp(3586): invalid column index
So the process is interrupted and the subtitle can't be upload. And A search on IMDB based on the filename show me directly the page of the movie.

on another file, it was not found in the database, but found on IMDB, so I can upload the file. A popup window appear, showing me the status (200 OK), but the... I can't close the window! the close button doesn't work! So all is hanged up and I have to kill the the whole program! the only error on stderr is:
(python:3478): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_drawable: assertion `src != NULL' failed

Anyway, I think it's a good software, the only one of his kind I think, and I was waiting for that sort of thing, And it's useful in every languages. Maybe I can try to translate it (in french), or even fix those bugs?

A last thing: the popup window when closing the software is toooo bad :(

capiscuas

1.2.3 Comming Soon

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:36 pm

Hi everibody, i'm the programmer of SubDownloader and i read carefully all the feedback sent, the new version is gonna be released very soon fixing a lot of your bugs.

Please contact me to capiscuas AT gmail.com to help me developping in Python or just to be a linux beta tester. You can help also making the documentation or just send us Supporting emails.

Best Regards.
Ivan GARCIA, Vietnam.

Gryzor

Re: 1.2.3 Comming Soon

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:48 pm

Hi everibody, i'm the programmer of SubDownloader and i read carefully all the feedback sent, the new version is gonna be released very soon fixing a lot of your bugs.

Please contact me to capiscuas AT gmail.com to help me developping in Python or just to be a linux beta tester. You can help also making the documentation or just send us Supporting emails.

Best Regards.
Ivan GARCIA, Vietnam.
Hello,

While I cannot help with Python and I seldom use my Linux installation, I just wanted to thank you for this lovely program...

Cheers
Gryzor

oss
Site Admin

Re: some bugs I found

Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:42 am

Hello, thanks for writing.
hello,
when I select a file to upload, the soft doesn't find it in the database (based on a moviehash if I understand), but it neither find it on IMDB (based on what? filename I think).
heh, this is advanced hidden feature :) If it find on IMDB, that means - someone already uploaded some subtitles with your movie. So it returns IMDBID based on moviehash :) and it should be correct.
I can't fill the ID by hand, I can't type or paste in the field, and the Search ID button doesn't work. Here is the python traceback when I press the button (I'm under linux):
ok, this will be fixed I hope, but was that IMDB incorrect ?
I can't close the window! the close button doesn't work! So all is hanged up and I have to kill the the whole program! the only error on stderr is:
(python:3478): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_drawable: assertion `src != NULL' failed
will be fixed, in normal behavior this does not happen :)
Anyway, I think it's a good software, the only one of his kind I think, and I was waiting for that sort of thing, And it's useful in every languages. Maybe I can try to translate it (in french), or even fix those bugs?
with translation - we are thinking to put those translation to website, so when other app will exists like this one, there is no need to make new and new translation to every new application. What do you think about that?

Also, we need translators for that program for sure, but first we have to catch all kind od these bugs and then translate it.

Also, if you can help fix those errors - contact with Ivan, write with him on ICQ or so. It should be nice, if you help, of course.
A last thing: the popup window when closing the software is toooo bad :(
we all know why is this. But I already spoke with Ivan and we will change it a bit (who makes donation this window disappear completely, also it will be popup-ed every 10th time or something like that. This site really need every donation, I pay for servers 250 EUR/month...

Gryzor

Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:55 am

Hello!

Any new version coming along? Bug fixes? :)

Cheers
Gryzor

oss
Site Admin

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 am

Any new version coming along? Bug fixes? :)
we already know, that bug with regional settings is caused by ZIP module, so that will be fixed, I also have preview for 1.2.3. We also decided to wait 1 more week (maybe two:), so there will be more improvements and bugfixes in new version.

Be patient :)

Gryzor

Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:15 am

Thanks for letting me know... Can't wait :)

Return to “Programs using OS”