Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like idea of Subdownloader?

Yes, it is excellent
90%
No, I will use website anyway
10%

Total votes: 312
ericb2038
Subtitles Admin

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:25 am

Feature request :

More fields for CDs

While 2 CD fields is mainly enough, it happens to have video files in 3 CDs or even more (I'm thinking about 2 releases i have that have 4 video files and 6 video files (Bertolucci's Novecento, And Bondarchuk's War and peace).

Though those more than 3 fields are exceptionnal :)

But a third CD field in subdownloader would definitely come handy, cause those are not so uncommon).

sno

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 pm

hello sno,

thanks for feedback. I see your point, there are some peoples, who download movie after, they are sure, if subtitles exists, I've been one of them. Objective of this program is other - it finds existing and correct subtitles for existing avi file you have.

There are many problems, when for example exists many subtitles for one movie. Lets say, movie is released by many groups/nukes/versions (see latest pirates of carribean) and there exists tons of subtitles. Idea of this program is point: for this movie you should download only these subtitles.

Also, I know those kind of programs you show me, maybe there exists 3 or more like this you show. We have XML search output, for example you search matrix, so look at http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... /simplexml

and you get idea. It is not a problem to add our website to those kind of searchers, but they didnt contact me, and me either not :)
searchin from the avi file for finding the right release of subtitle idea is very good idea.but how does the program know which release i have.. is it looking for the filename?? if it is it always comes in different names.. i can download 2 different names of the same movie and same release.. but if doesnt look for the file name and what is it looking for ? (and also if this works fine, its really really good idea)

oss
Site Admin

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:33 pm

1.in start menu click control panel
2.select date,time,language, and regional options
3.click change the format of number,dates and times
4.in the regional options select a language(unless english) and then click ok
5.run Subdownloader
I did exactly this on Windows XP and works ok. You didnt wrote which settings you used, I tried Slovak, Swedisch and some other and it works ok here...so if you can, write more details, we like, if subdownloader will run everywhere without any problems.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:35 pm

hello sno,
searchin from the avi file for finding the right release of subtitle idea is very good idea.but how does the program know which release i have.. is it looking for the filename?? if it is it always comes in different names.. i can download 2 different names of the same movie and same release.. but if doesnt look for the file name and what is it looking for ? (and also if this works fine, its really really good idea)
no, you didnt read project homepage properly:) http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... /Main_Page

it works with special hash of moviefile, so it doesnt matter how is filename.

And thanks for that really really good idea :) Just use it and spread it:)

Gryzor

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:44 am

Hello!

Tho the idea behind the program is great and something that's been missing (that, and a comprehensive sub db like OS.org), I get the following error...

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last): File "SubDownloader.py", line 21, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "SubDownloaderFrame.pyo", line 21, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "DownloadWindow.pyo", line 7, in ? File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 78, in load_module File "globals.pyo", line 22, in ? KeyError: 'el'
Any ideas as to that? I guess that the 'el' string refers to my language - greek; is there anything that can be done?

Cheers
Gryzor

oss
Site Admin

Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:38 am

Gryzor,

thanks for bugreport, I will follow this to author and in next version it will be fixed, I hope.

Gryzor

Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:48 am

Gryzor,

thanks for bugreport, I will follow this to author and in next version it will be fixed, I hope.
Thanks so much for that - can't wait :)

Btw, just to make sure, in order to run it, I DON'T need the Python interpeter etc., correct? Those are only needed for the src packages?

Cheers
Gryzor

oss
Site Admin

Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:53 am

Gryzor,
Btw, just to make sure, in order to run it, I DON'T need the Python interpeter etc., correct? Those are only needed for the src packages?
Gryzor
of course, you just download exe, and install it on windows. I will write this to FAQ :)

tezeah

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:21 pm

1. program will connect, only when www.opensubtitles.org is working
2. if you are behind proxy, you have to set up proxy

try again :)
could you please explain how to setup a proxy?
i dont really know what it is. thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:05 am

could you please explain how to setup a proxy?
i dont really know what it is. thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
if you use proxy you should know that. Open Internet Explorer, tools -> internet options -> connections -> lan settings -> proxy server, and you should see filled Address and Port. Copy these two fields into subdownloader proxy setup and it should work.

sno

Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:16 am

no, you didnt read project homepage properly:) http://subdownloader.sourceforge.net/wi ... /Main_Page

it works with special hash of moviefile, so it doesnt matter how is filename.

And thanks for that really really good idea :) Just use it and spread it:)
ok than im gonna start using ur program.. really really good idae ;)

pinkfloyd

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:48 pm

Hello. Thanks for this great idea and simply useful software! But it needs some more work like (as mentioned above), for uploading Subtitles, it is definitely necessary to have more than 2 CD fields. It may be hard to program unlimited CD selection but at least i'm agree with the idea of 3CD.

Or another idea: If you don't want to make it more than 2CD, than the software may give us the HASH CODE and we put that code to somewhere in the website's upload form so we still can upload files which have more than 2CD.

Again, great work! I'm going to upload all my subtitles as soon as possible.

Thanks and greetings from Turkey ;)
.anything strange

oss
Site Admin

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:59 pm

Hello. Thanks for this great idea and simply useful software! But it needs some more work like (as mentioned above), for uploading Subtitles, it is definitely necessary to have more than 2 CD fields. It may be hard to program unlimited CD selection but at least i'm agree with the idea of 3CD.
Thanks! I know this is problem, in next release will be more CDs, did I wrote that ? No ? Si yes - in next release, hopefully this week, will be possible upload more than two cds :) enjoy.
Or another idea: If you don't want to make it more than 2CD, than the software may give us the HASH CODE and we put that code to somewhere in the website's upload form so we still can upload files which have more than 2CD.
No, I dont do this, because, I want make this simple as possible :) also man do mistakes, and program hopefully not :)

Upload your 1-2cds, and wait for new version. Thanks for support!

pinkfloyd

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:33 pm

Great news! Will be waiting for the new version! And for the support, you're welcome ;)
.anything strange

Gryzor

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:56 pm

I also hope the bug gets fixed - still haven't seen the program myself! ;)

Return to “Programs using OS”