Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like idea of Subdownloader?

Yes, it is excellent
90%
No, I will use website anyway
10%

Total votes: 312
evgeni99

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:33 am

So, to upload subtitles and have them appear as yours, it's a good idea to always close subdownloader and open it again, so your session is fresh.
Tried that few times, but no luck.

James

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:40 am

I try add to Subdownloader Store hashes option (viewtopic.php?t=531).
You can try, I hope this will work fine...

Download:
http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/36343/Subdow ... .88MB.html
or
http://sharebee.com/b5be8c1a

Last edited by James on Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do good things, and good things happen to you
[img]http://homel.vsb.cz/~spi057/userbar.gif[/img]

evgeni99

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 am

Download:
http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/29484/Subdow ... .61MB.html
or
http://sharebee.com/e92fda29

Cool, I will try it. :)

jugaor

Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Thank you very much!
Although really I don't need the function of hash (by now), a great advantage of your version is that permits to be connected without problems (the original one continues giving me the reported startup error).

THANKS! :D
jugaor

James

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:30 pm

Thanks, some errors show to me to, i think this is because bad encoding when program try log some actions to Log. I want fine start application, so I comment some Log function...
Do good things, and good things happen to you
[img]http://homel.vsb.cz/~spi057/userbar.gif[/img]

gergele

Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Great application, THX !

zagadka

Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Except the issue with uploaded subtitles that show up as "Anonymous" as uploader instead of me. Subdownloader is a really great program that has saved me a lot of time when trying to find subtitles.

One small suggestion in relation to the subtitles uploaded by "Anonymous". If you try to upload subtitles that has not been uploaded by a valid user but has been uploaded, reassign the new uploader as the original uploader. It will, over time, give fewer references to invalid users as uploaders and thus a faster database as invalid references can really slow down it down.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:44 pm

I see, so when subtitles are uploaded as anonymous, and someone will upload same subtitles, reassign the anonymous to current user. Not bad idea, I will write it to my todo list.

dbaalborg

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:20 am

4 days late, I wish SubDownloader 1.2.9 a happy birthday (released on 17/04/2007)... ;)

eduo

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:42 pm

4 days late, I wish SubDownloader 1.2.9 a happy birthday (released on 17/04/2007)... ;)
Very subtle.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:10 am

One small suggestion in relation to the subtitles uploaded by "Anonymous". If you try to upload subtitles that has not been uploaded by a valid user but has been uploaded, reassign the new uploader as the original uploader. It will, over time, give fewer references to invalid users as uploaders and thus a faster database as invalid references can really slow down it down.
It should be working now. If program finds same subtitles, user is logged, and those subtitles was uploaded by anonymous, anonymous is always replaced by current user.

Also I disabled empty useragent in XMLRPC.

nrf

Sun May 25, 2008 12:09 pm

G'day all, Totally new to this adding subtitles thing, I've downloaded SubDownloader 1.2.9 and i'm trying to add the subtitles but it wont upload them i can only get to the confirm bit and i get the video hash of this subtitle has been updated but cant go on any further, And do you have to fill the proxy info and if so where do i get this info from, Your help is greatly appreciated :)

txusti

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:04 am

I´ve been reading for a long time and still haven´t understood why when searching for a sub you find the same file in the same language but with a different name. When I try to download all of them it says that the file allready exist after downloading the first one. I would be very glad if someone could tell me if it hapens for a reason. Otherwise I think it would be simpler if only a possible download appeared.

Thanks.

Great program by the way.

jugaor

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:51 am

I´ve been reading for a long time and still haven´t understood why when searching for a sub you find the same file in the same language but with a different name. When I try to download all of them it says that the file allready exist after downloading the first one. I would be very glad if someone could tell me if it hapens for a reason. Otherwise I think it would be simpler if only a possible download appeared.
Hi, SubDownloader changes the subtitle's name according to your video (only adding the language suffix), no matter what was the original one (BTW, OSCAR maintains it including the uploader).
This behavior is intentional, I guess, to save an additional step to users (renaming it). But it can be inconvenient when there are two or more subs for the same language. The only solution is to download one, rename it, download another, and so...
Maybe an option in the next version? (if there will be one :( )

capiscuas

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:01 am

Subdownloader 2.0 has been released finally.

Here is the announcement.
viewtopic.php?t=1382

Answering your question about having 2 subtitles with the same language, this version will prompt you that the file already exists and it will allow you to save as using another filename.

Return to “Programs using OS”