Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
PhobosK

Compile instructions for SubDownloader on Windows

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:00 am

So i have created a new topic describing howto compile SubDownloader from source on Windows without any shareware nags and etc.
You can find the explanations here:
viewtopic.php?t=1589

powerleakin

Re: Compile instructions for SubDownloader on Windows

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:05 pm

So i have created a new topic describing howto compile SubDownloader from source on Windows without any shareware nags and etc.
You can find the explanations here:
viewtopic.php?t=1589
thanks man..

PhobosK

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:24 am

Hi all,
I have updated the HOWTO easy compile SubDownloader on Windows for free adding the section for preparing an install package using NSIS (steps 8, 14 and 15).
The install package is old versions sensitive and uninstalls them before proceeding with the installation of the free version.

And something i need to state so you know the legal status of all this:

WARNING: Distributing the installer or the binaries that you get from this HOWTO breaks the EULAs with Microsoft and this makes their distribution ILLEGAL. BTW the same issue is with the official SubDownloader installer/binaries... :)

kogyaru

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:25 pm

The subdownloader Debian package fails to create a program actually named "subdownloader".

/usr/share/subdownloader/run.py

is not named "subdownloader".

Nor is it located in /usr/bin.

Suggestion:

ln -s /usr/share/subdownloader/run.py /usr/bin/subdownloader

The man page (subdownloader.1) refers to the program name as "subdownloader". But it doesn't exist under that name.

DO you see my concern/confusion?

Please fix the debian package so that future users can just expect "subdownloader" to exist in $PATH immediately after the package is downloaded and installed.

Thank you!

Rinu

Some of the video/subtitles fields are empty

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi,

I recently installed Subloader 2.0.9 but whenever I am trying to upload subtitles, it gives me this line - Some of the video/subtitles fields are empty.

I filled all columns (Subtitles, Movie title, Subtitle language, Release name, Comments), I logged in. And I installed this program by subdownloader_2.0.9.3-1_all.deb, using Ubuntu 8.10 with GNOME interface.

Do anyone know what could be a problem? Is it possible that the program doesn't like GNOME desktop since it is built for KDE (guessing by its look).

Thanks for a reply in advance.

PS. I didn't upload any video into the form.

adrian_vg

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Strange decision, many users won't like it...
I don't like it. I was kinda' excited about a new version that also supports uploading whole seasons subs. Then I see "shareware" mentioned and it's like a cold shower and mood goes down the drain...

Is there really *no* other way to finance this operation?

fabhawk

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:53 pm

Strange decision, many users won't like it...
I don't like it. I was kinda' excited about a new version that also supports uploading whole seasons subs. Then I see "shareware" mentioned and it's like a cold shower and mood goes down the drain...

Is there really *no* other way to finance this operation?
See 2 post above for the "free" version. Or Phobosk post to compile it yourself.

Regards
F

saxicek

Tue May 05, 2009 5:44 pm

https://launchpad.net/opensubdownloader/+download/

Windows binaries for Subdownloader with no shareware restrictions.

kimme

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 pm

https://launchpad.net/opensubdownloader/+download/

Windows binaries for Subdownloader with no shareware restrictions.
Thanks for this info.

tartaros

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:12 am

How hard would it be to add a "custom name" opttion for subtitle renaming? one would put in a pattern with stuff like %o for original video name, %i for imdb video name, %l for language code, $m for subtitle md5, etc.

Asking mainly because in case of multiple subtitles, there's no automatic way to download them all without them overwriting each other...

Or just add an option where the name will include the md5 or something, something to make it unique.

Aaron_0105

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:34 am

Ok i was happily using subdownloader 1.2.9. Very happily. Then my computer crashed and i had to reinstall everything and for some reason i couldn't get subdownloader working... Ok no worries i thought I'll just get the new one. and it works for a little bit but what the hell is this business about needing a license key? and i have to pay for it now? I thought this program was free ware! Well my version of 1.2.9 was free ware an i loved it for numerous years..i miss it now..

PhobosK

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:55 am

Ok i was happily using subdownloader 1.2.9. Very happily. Then my computer crashed and i had to reinstall everything and for some reason i couldn't get subdownloader working... Ok no worries i thought I'll just get the new one. and it works for a little bit but what the hell is this business about needing a license key? and i have to pay for it now? I thought this program was free ware! Well my version of 1.2.9 was free ware an i loved it for numerous years..i miss it now..
Well you can easily compile your own free version without breaking their license. See this thread for instructions on how to do it. Also there is a guy that makes these free versions and uploads them on Ubuntu's repositories (look at the whole thread).

viewtopic.php?t=1589

If you have any problems with preparing the free version, or if they were stupid enough to change the code so the compilation is broke... just tell me to fix it...

Ever since they have made it paid for windows, i just released the instructions and stopped using that crap.. But that is another story.. 'cause I am on Linux and it has a lot of other alternatives...

tristancastles

Re: SubDownloader 2.0.8 RELEASED!!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 am

I won a few dollars to developers SubDownloader thinking it was a joint project of free-libre open source and free, but now we see they are trying to charge people for using the prog I am very upset and did not pay for it when it expires, I will stop using completely. At days end are users who are downloading content.

zombiehype

Re: SubDownloader 2.0.8 RELEASED!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:05 am

Guys, can someone explain me how the "already downloaded" feature works?
I noticed SubDOwnloader (2.0.11, open version) kept downloading everytime all the subs, even if I already had them. Only a set of subs in one folder were correctl labeled as "already downloaded" and consequently not selected for download by default.
I struggled to discover in what those subs were different from all the others, but I found nothing. Even a lot of experimenting with edit dates or other file propreties lead to nowhere. I even ended up having two files, one the copy of the other, IDENTICAL in every aspect, one correctly labeled as "already downloaded", and not the other.
Do someone know how that thing is supposed to work?
It's quite important for me since I download lot of series and everytime I get a new episode I don't want SubDownloader to download every goddam sub from each series again.
thanks!

Return to “Programs using OS”